View Full Version : Packet Data

mjdj1689
25-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I have the n 80 on orange and unlike the N70 I cant turn off the packet data (the line that tells you that your connected to the net , underneath the 3 g symbol.) I have gone in to the menus and changed it over to when needed and It still shows as being on, and when I make a call its says packet data on hold, and with not being able to turn it off its draing my battery , is this new of the n80 or should I be able to turn it off mark. Thanx:con?

Ratkat
25-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Go back to Settings/Packet Data and click on Access point, delete the name and it will no longer connect

Woollie
25-05-2006, 06:22 PM
I have the n 80 on orange and unlike the N70 I cant turn off the packet data (the line that tells you that your connected to the net , underneath the 3 g symbol.) I have gone in to the menus and changed it over to when needed and It still shows as being on, and when I make a call its says packet data on hold, and with not being able to turn it off its draing my battery , is this new of the n80 or should I be able to turn it off mark. Thanx:con?

Go into settings and change the packet data option to 'when needed'. It will only connect when you use something that needs data access.

TazUk
25-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Nice one Woollie - I was wondering about that one myself :)

Jay3gsm
25-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Go into settings and change the packet data option to 'when needed'. It will only connect when you use something that needs data access.

The guy said:

...I have gone in to the menus and changed it over to when needed and It still shows as being on...

I played with an Orange N80 today and straight from the box the N80 was constantly connected. Holding down the end call key cancelled the connection.

Woollie
26-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Mine never shows the lines under the signal level indicator unless I am connected. When I disconnect the lines disappear. Not sure why changing this option didn't work for the person you quoted.

mjdj1689
26-05-2006, 04:04 AM
Thanx yes have pressed the red key to stop packet data, and my phone is on when needed , but its connected all the time, is it a fault with the phone, only had it 2 days, if I get another phone wonder if it will be the same, any ideas, what about a hard reset will that do anything , does anyone know how to do a hard reset on the phone,

Another thing was told the radio is stereo its, not still mono like n70.

mjdj1689
26-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Just rang orange about the packet data problem and its on the orange network, their software conflicting with nokias, and the are "working with nokia" to sort the problems out, slow menus as well, so looks like its the 6630 part 2 all over again. They say a firmware update is needed .Here we go again.

stv777
08-07-2006, 05:12 AM
I've posted this else where...buy here it is again..

Hi All

Got my bill from Orange and there was a 56 charge for WAP which I have not used. After loads of time talking to Orange it was discovered that they have a problem. Other pay monthly customers have also been charged for WAP which they have not used. They are going to adjust all the bills
My N80 seems to connect whenever I make a call. I need to hold down the red button to cancel packet sending even though I have my setting to "when needed" I still have to manually stop this from happening every time I make a call.
Nokia are aware of this Orange problem. There is no way to delete the Orange Access Point it is protected (they have taken a leaf from Microsoft..you must have their software).
Orange have told me they have disabled this feature from their end...we will see. Anyone else had this WAP charge problem?

Stv777