View Full Version : Lock keypad without slide?

Resonate1
24-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Is there anyway to lock the phone keypad without opening and closing the slider?

wireplay
24-05-2006, 12:16 PM
HI the power button, then select lock keypad

Not ideal though, takes longer than the slider!

I wish there was a double key press sort of thing or at least an auto lock keypad after x seconds option.

LesLesleyson
24-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah me too, reckon someone will write one in due course.

Jay3gsm
24-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I hate the request *every* time I close the slide asking whether I want to lock the keypad or not. I detest it so much.

steve_perry
24-05-2006, 12:48 PM
The N70 uses a quick double key combination...

'Left Soft Key' + '*'

Is the N80 the same? Much quicker than the power button then select from list option.

S.

LesLesleyson
24-05-2006, 01:04 PM
No, this is not an option on the N80.

steve_perry
24-05-2006, 01:19 PM
No, this is not an option on the N80.Ahh mistake. :redface:

S.

Cash
29-06-2006, 12:58 PM
HI the power button, then select lock keypad

Not ideal though, takes longer than the slider!

I wish there was a double key press sort of thing or at least an auto lock keypad after x seconds option.

Just found this lock program, now I can lock the phone straight away with the press of one button :), I have assigned the lock button to my right soft key because I dont really use that key too often, I also have the auto lock function enabled in case I forget to press the lock button

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/item/mLock.php

caloomba
30-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Just found this lock program, now I can lock the phone straight away with the press of one button :), I have assigned the lock button to my right soft key because I dont really use that key too often, I also have the auto lock function enabled in case I forget to press the lock button

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/item/mLock.php

That's a really useful program, good find cheers!

Gurney
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I hate the request *every* time I close the slide asking whether I want to lock the keypad or not. I detest it so much.

I really agree. That's so damn annoying. I'd like the locking behaviour to be like this :

- lock when closing the slide and unlock when opening
- auto lock after xx seconds or mins or whatever

I don't know to what extent the N80 is customizable, but do you see it as possible ?

There's so much to tune...

_Dx_
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I really agree. That's so damn annoying. I'd like the locking behaviour to be like this :

- lock when closing the slide and unlock when opening
- auto lock after xx seconds or mins or whatever

I don't know to what extent the N80 is customizable, but do you see it as possible ?

There's so much to tune...
that would b really usefull

jaydisc
02-07-2006, 01:23 AM
A couple of other options:

Rather than pushing power quickly, then down, and then center to lock the keypad, you can push power quickly to bring up the list, press power quickly again to go to the next item in the list, and then hold power to select that item. It's still a few keypresses, but it's at least the same key.

Or another third-party solution... both HandyClock and HandyWeather come with screensavers.... the Weather one is amazing (show's you every possible status in addition to todays and tomorrows' weather). Anyway, you can set in the preferences of either application when to auto-lock the keypad if you have their screensaver assigned.

I already love the HandyWeather app, and when you add the auto-keylock it increases the value even further.

_Dx_
02-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Cool thanks for the info i must try this