View Full Version : Printing on a wlan network

jc_uk
24-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi,

At home I have a wlan wifi network with PCs and Printers installed.

One printer is a laser printer with an IP address and port number.

Any suggestions how I can set up the N80 to print to this.

The printer is a Brother 1660NE, running Brother network software

Many thanks
jc_uk

surfshag
18-06-2006, 08:52 AM
any ideas??

Surf

Biggzy
18-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Wirelessly posted (NOKIA 6630: NokiaN80-1/3.0 (3.0611.0.8) Series60/3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

u gotta make sure printers wifi is on and then make a new acces point on n80 and it shud scan and find ur printer, then edit the settings and input ur port num and IP address! it shud now print wen u select the desired acces point!

Rafe
18-06-2006, 11:21 AM
You need to create the necessary setting in Printers application. I'm not sure whether this is on the N80 (it certainly is on the Eseries - under Office Folder).

I'm not sure what settings the Brother will need, but LPR should work with the General Printer Driver. You'll need to define the host (IP address) and the port number too.

FriedSpam
19-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Sounds like the printer app will be a useful one to have!

Do you know where it can be found?

And does it allow you to print to a printer that is connected to another machine on the network (printer sharing as opposed to just printing to a networked printer)?

Rafe
19-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I think it may only be shipped with the Eseries. I don't have an N80 to confirm this.

It only seems to be networked printers from what I can tell.

jamaas
11-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if there is a printer setup app that can be loaded on the n80 for printer connected by wifi??

Thanks

Jim

Sounds like the printer app will be a useful one to have!

Do you know where it can be found?

And does it allow you to print to a printer that is connected to another machine on the network (printer sharing as opposed to just printing to a networked printer)?

zainman
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
i have the same question. my printer is connected to a PC that is on wired LAN frm the router. and the printer is shared, so i can access it via WiFi from my laptop. Will it be possible to print via N80 on this shared network? im using an HP all in one. some 5xxx series. it does not have wifi or direct LAN or anything.