View Full Version : Memory full. Close some applications and try again.

cyfr
21-05-2006, 10:12 PM
"Memory full. Close some applications and try again."

I keep getting errors like this and have to turn my phone on and off to fix.

I think it refers to the RAM (or whatever the phone uses) rather than storage.. as its when I open new applications. How can I fix this?

Master_Payne
21-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Im not sure but I sometimes get this message, even when just zooming in on pictures in the gallery

LesLesleyson
23-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Press and hold the menu button to display the list of running applications, close any running applications you are not using by pressing the 'C' key.

chrsfrwll
23-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Press and hold the menu button to display the list of running applications, close any running applications you are not using by pressing the 'C' key.

I've had this problem when there weren't any other programs running, so not possible to close anything else down.

LesLesleyson
23-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I have not had this problem, but I have turned off every background running process that is unnecessary. These include: stopping periodic scanning for wifi networks, switching to GSM mode only, switching GPRS to "when needed" etc. You could try this.

Woollie
23-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I get this a lot after using the Web app. Clearing the cache seems to free up memory in order to continue.

Simon