View Full Version : Cannot format memory card

rambalu80
17-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I've been trying to format my memory card and the phone won't let me do it! I keep getting the message:

"Unable to format. Memory card in use by another application:icon4: "

I tried removing the memory card & also restarting the phone and same issue.

My phone is unbranded and unlocked. Hope to hear some suggestions soon!

_Dx_
18-05-2006, 05:27 AM
mmm, u may have an app running in 2nd place on the MiniSD, u should format in on pc first under FAT, then plug it again on N80 and then format it on the phone, that should work :D

rambalu80
18-05-2006, 12:18 PM
is there any way to stop that running application?

_Dx_
18-05-2006, 08:16 PM
well the only way i kno is usinf FExplorer, but it is not working on 3rd s60 edition,

johnbakeronline
20-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I've got exactly the same problem. Is there any answer to this yet? How do I format the card on my pc? Is there some kind of holder, like for the reduced-size memory cards used in the N70?

Rafe
20-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Clearly there something running from the memory card, but there no way to see what yet.

This may be linked to the problem people are having in this thread - http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46217

Yes you should be able to format the card in a PC. You need a miniSD adaptor. This will convert it to an SD card which is read by almost all USB memory card readers.

Is there a particular reason you need to reformat the card?

The only other suggestion I would have is holding down the pencil key as the phone powers on (in previous phones this stopped memory resident applications loading) and then trying to reformat.