View Full Version : TomTom mobile 5

AndyMX9
17-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi,

Has anyone added TT mobile 5.2 to their N80 as yet or know anyone who has? My current contract with Orange end at the end of this month and I want to upgrade to the N80 but I have TT mobile 5.2 on my current phone (6630) I was just wondering if it works as the N80 is the 3rd edition of the S60 OS.

Andy

chrsfrwll
17-05-2006, 03:00 PM
IIRC not yet, but expected soon.

Telumehtar
17-05-2006, 05:35 PM
I really hope TomTom hurry up and do this. It will look sooooo good on that screen.

Ian Vinten
18-05-2006, 11:32 AM
What hardware will I need to get this to work on the N80 when it's made compatible?

Telumehtar
18-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Tomtom Mobile 5 comes bundled with a bluetooth GPS receiver. So you don't need anything else.

ragenow666
18-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I e-mailed Tom tom and they said to keep checking the website! :mad: I find this totally unacceptable, what kind of support for cusomters is that? I think we should all e-mail Tom Tom and tell them to pull their finger out!

Telumehtar
19-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39967&highlight=n80

Someone emailed TomTom and got this reply: "at this moment in time we have no information when there will be an update to v5.20 and if support will be made available for the N80".

This sounds like a standard "we're not making any promises" response. It means either the customer service people just don't know, or they know it's being worked on but don't know how long it will take and haven't worked out their release strategy yet.

Someone else said, "You'll have to wait for an update, which given the time frame will probably be TomTom Mobile 6.0".

Version 6 firmware has been announced for the Go and Rider models, but I don't think it has been announced for Mobile.

I'd be very surprised if TomTom didn't support the N80 at *some* stage. Unfortunately it does seem like all we can do is wait and see. :-(

bobthebuilder
19-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I had the same message from Tom Tom when I emailed them.

I also have Route 66 on my N70 and when I asked them about the upgrade they said they hope to have it available by the end of May

Telumehtar
19-05-2006, 12:49 PM
That's more like it! How does Route 66 compare to TomTom?

AndyMX9
19-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I also contacted TomTom via their on site support and got the same message basically not giving anything away and just keep checking their site :frown: so I do hope it's soon.

Andy

Rafe
20-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I know they are working on a S60 3rd Edition version, but I was unable to nail down a specific date. Will try again next week.

Rafe
20-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I know they are working on a S60 3rd Edition version, but I was unable to nail down a specific date. Will try again next week.

wireplay
24-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I had route66 on my p910 and just sold it.

Dont bother, biggest piece of **** I could have bought! Buggy as hell, when it lost its GPS signal due to a tunnel etc it would stop direction for SO long.

Also, sometimes it would send you down a motorway and suddenyl say your destination is not directly reachable etc. and stop guiding you! If you started a new nav, it would then work it out!

Also, the traffic updates thing is complete **** very rarely works, sent me via the Rotherhide tunnel only 2 days ago - its been closed for a month :-)

Buggy as hell!

You also cant import your own POI's like speed cams etc.

I spent over £200 on 66 as I got the european one and think it was a wate of money for 1 main reason.

I have upgraded my phone! So I had the option of buying it or TomTom again for the new phone and in 12 months time, yet again wasting another £200.

So I just bought a Go 510 - decicated hardware device. Cant be beaten.

Ok, so on the phone is handy, but give me a 4" screen with Bt handsfree etc, anyday!

So, in Ssummary - sat nav on a fone is amazing, but I would get a dedicated box ANYDAY!