View Full Version : Can't install SIS files from the phone

chrsfrwll
12-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, having got my hands on a N80, which by the way, for any one who hasn't got one yet, is absolutely the canine's dangles, I am rather disappointed to discover it doesn't support running SIS files from the phone. This would seem to imply that I have to install every application from the PC. Not very handy for someone who is used to a 9300.

Is this a standard S60 trait? In which case I might have to revise my opinion about the canine's bits. ;)

Jay3gsm
12-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't have the same problem. The .sis files I have installed on my phone so far have been sent to the phone via email. I've opened up the attachment and they have installed automatically.

chrsfrwll
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks, at least it's nice to know it works. I sent the SIS by bluetooth and then tried to open it and it said "not supported".

Thinks bubble.... ah, it might be because it's not a S60 v3 application. There I was keen as mustard to try the new YTime and I think it's probably not compatible. Boo.

Jay3gsm
12-05-2006, 03:30 PM
It's probably not because I get that error message too. Compatible programs are still a bit thin on the ground.

pawanhappy21
13-05-2006, 05:33 PM
hello gyes

please help me for my problam how can i send sis files through blue tooth to another blue tooth suported phone

fireslguk
13-05-2006, 08:14 PM
please excuse my ignorance but what is sis files ?

chrsfrwll
15-05-2006, 09:56 AM
please help me for my problam how can i send sis files through blue tooth to another blue tooth suported phone

Do you mean from or to the N80 or just in general? Either way, it should be more or less the same; make sure both phones have a bluetooth connection and are paired. Then in the phone you want to send from, in Explorer, choose Send and then select the Bluetooth option. The other phone will then ask whether you wnat it to accept the file. Say yes and it should arrive as an attachment to a message.

Hope that helps

chrsfrwll
15-05-2006, 09:59 AM
please excuse my ignorance but what is sis files ?

A sis file is the self installing application file for Symbian phones (as opposed to Java JAD/JAR files). So, if you want to install a new program, it will come as a SIS file, which you either install via the PC and Nokia Suite or on the phone after you've got it as a message attachement.

nadaku
16-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Hello,

I think you sould try to start Tools/ Manager (App. Manager) and there you shoud check Options/Settings, and find Software Instalation set it to off. By default should be set to on.

On my 6630 works fine, but I had a similar problem.:icon14:

honeybooboo
13-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Hello,

I think you sould try to start Tools/ Manager (App. Manager) and there you shoud check Options/Settings, and find Software Instalation set it to off. By default should be set to on.

On my 6630 works fine, but I had a similar problem.:icon14:

hi guys i have a nokia e62 and i wanted to add powerCall to my phone but it says it does not support sis files.. is there a way i can change it. i went to app mgr and set it to off but it sitll wont work:mad: :con? :icon13:

N/A
13-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Make sure this setting is "All": menu | Tools | App.mgr | Options | Settings | Software installation

In addition, make sure you attempt to install .sis/.sisx files intended for S60 3rd Edition based devices. The .sis files for S60 2nd Edition or 1st Edition will not work on any S60 3rd Ed. device.

bbracer16valver
13-04-2007, 08:30 AM
easy soloution

GETA CARD READER

add a foldder called apps to root of memory card

drop sis files there,

use filemanager/fexplorer/Ybrowser

open apps click the sis you want to install

happy days!! :icon14: :icon14:

karrylogar
07-10-2009, 05:01 PM
The Nokia N80 is a multimedia 3G smartphone made by Nokia with support for high-speed UMTS/WCDMA connections. Features include a 3.1 megapixel camera (interpolated from 2.0-megapixels) with built-in flash (on the back of the device), another camera (on the front) for videoconferencing, Wi-Fi (802.11g), Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), FM radio, Bluetooth 1.2, digital music player functionality, MiniSD memory card slot, and support for 3D Java games.[citation needed] Because of its memory card and relatively large screen, it can function as a portable media player.[citation needed]

It uses the third edition of the Series 60 user interface (S60v3) and the Symbian operating system version 9.1.[citation needed] It is not backward compatible with software compiled for earlier versions of the Symbian operating system.[citation needed]

The N80 is Nokia's first UPnP-compatible phone, allowing the transfer of media files to compatible devices over Wi-Fi.

Ezekiel44
18-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Nice post, keep up the good work

xbox360
12-11-2010, 05:25 PM
The game features a single-player mode consisting of seventeen missions in which the player assumes the role of special agent Joanna Dark, an operative for the fictional Carrington Institute, as she attempts to stop a conspiracy by rival corporation dataDyne. It also features a range of multiplayer options, including co-operative and "counter-operative" modes in addition to traditional deathmatch settings. Technically, it is one of the most advanced games developed for the Nintendo 64, with optional high-resolution graphics and Dolby Surround Sound.