View Full Version : Stop it, you're making it far too easy!

slitchfield
12-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Nokia's PC Suite's come a long way from its humble PsiWin and EPOC Connect ancestry. But come on, installing connectivity software's supposed to be really, really tricky, isn't it? Surely half the fun of PDAs and smartphones is spending hours despairing with your head in your hands?

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/3837_Stop_it_youre_making_it_far_to.php).

elaverick
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Now if they can only go and release a copy that works with Windows x64 edition I'll be really happy. Until we start getting mass storage device compatable handsets as the norm I have no way of accessing my Smartphone via my laptop and even then I doubt MSD will work over Bluetooth which means I'm back to the bad old days of carrying around a plethora of cables.
Great news on the new PC Suite but if the Smartphones are aimed at business people lets see them supporting business platforms as well.

Mufty
12-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Now that they've got the windows software right, I wonder will Nokia consider a Mac version??

ajg
12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, it's great that they made updating so easy but now it doesn't work on my PC. Geez, I'd sure welcome a Mac version cuz my PC has connection problem after connection problem but my Mac is just plug it in and go. At least iSync will sync my addresses, calendar, and to-dos, on my Mac without any configuration. Don't know how to back my phone up though. :rolleyes:

AvvaX
13-05-2006, 02:29 PM
But the latest version of PCSuite works well with my WXP 64. So download and try.

martinharnevie
14-05-2006, 11:39 PM
>>Nokia's PC Suite's come a long way from its humble PsiWin and EPOC Connect ancestry.<<

Yes but it's still far behind on desktop integration. You cannot Copy text from Windows and Paste it in Symbian - and vice verse - as you can do with PsiWin.

Rafe
15-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Martin - that's just one function... and I dont think it is as relevant to smartphone as it was to Psions. I think a File Sync might be handy though.

martinharnevie
15-05-2006, 12:55 AM
... and I dont think it is as relevant to smartphone as it was to Psions.

For me it is, evenmoreso for a S60 phone. That's why I keep on bemoaning it... ;)

Sync is of no importance whatsoever for me.

...and then there was E61...