View Full Version : N80 keypad backlight

Dennis32
05-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I bought a Nokia N80 today and I'm quite impressed by it (I spent the last 4 hours discovering it! :tongue: ).

One thing I couldn't find how to do:
Turn the sliding keypad backlight on.

I didn't find anything in the User Guide and diddn't see any related settings anywhere.

Can someone help me and tell me how to turn the backlight on?

AEFOX
06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi!..

The back light keypad will turn on just if your ambience light is very low... so you will need the keypad backlight... and then you will see... checkout on a totally dark place ..

cya!

:cool:

Dennis32
07-05-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks!
You're right. Not very good: in a dim light environment, you have no other choice than guessing your keypad!
Can't understand why Nokia doesn't leave the backlight usage settings to users! :con?

FRiC
08-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Try comparing with another N80 if possible. I don't have the N80 but on my other Nokia phones with the light sensor, the keypad lights always turn on even when the surrounding is still relatively bright.

Or you could manually turn on the lights by blocking the light sensor...

Spawn12
08-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Ummm i have a black N80 and it DOES NOT have a light sensor even though on nokias webpage it says it does...well it doesnt. I dont know if its because i have a uk spec phone and maybe the other countries have one but as i said before it does not have a light sensor as such. It has an LED underneath the N80 logo which flashes blue on and off if you have power save mode turned.

fireslguk
08-05-2006, 10:35 AM
spawn it should have 1, mine does, take phone to very dark place e.g cupboard and youll see the keypad light up blue. Thats the sensor side of things, as fo the flashing blue light - this means the phone is in power save mode.

hippo1n2
16-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Have you all wonder how to switch off that blue led at night when you find it irritating?..

NO Software...
NO Setting...
Just need a tape...
and tape it at the sensor...
and it's DONE !

bigbadnewill
17-04-2007, 11:51 AM
As far as i know, the led is the light sensor too. Try it, hold your finger over it when you slide it open and the keypad lights will come on, they do on mine anyways.

If the slide is already open and you cover up the sensor it seems to take longer to realise that it's 'dark' so keypad lights taker longer to switch on, but they will do

AS for the led flashing, just stick your charger in and that stops it. If your phone doesn't need charging every night you're just not using it enough :D

bmh.01
18-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Just leave the phone face down if the standby light is pissing you off.

bigbadnewill
18-04-2007, 11:45 AM
ha, or you could just do that :)

kontraband
18-04-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, that was my attitude too.. until winter when I was driving in the dark more.... that was annoying...

at the end of the day tho... its just a design fault. If people really are that bothered, go get a different phone! ;)