View Full Version : Compatible Software

tigernet
05-05-2006, 08:14 AM
...does anyone know where I could find a list of S60 3rd Edition compatible software?

If not, could we start one here?

I thought I'd post this as I have had a tough time finding out that most Series 60 software does not work on the N80!:mad:

Great phone though!!!

Cheers
Nick

Rafe
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
You can check out this list:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/Series_60_3/

for S60 3rd Edition compatiable software.

I've got a fair bit to add to this, but have been concentrating on removing stuff authors say is compatiable when its not!

Jay3gsm
05-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Good list, excellent resource. I now have the screenshot app I was looking for :)

I just need FExplorer, and YGO and SKY to update their apps and I'll be happy :)

tigernet
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM
...thanks for that!!!

Cheers
Nick

wacits
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I have had my symbian 60 nokia 6600 phone for 2 years enjoying its functions apps and themes.

Upgraded my phone to a nokia n80 symbian 60 3rd gen last week. How sadden was i when i found out most of my old sym 60 stuff do not work :mad: and my trusty tomtom :mad: :mad:

Why did they not call it something else??? when you look on the box the first thing you look for is compatibilty, Ah you see symbian 60 as the first thing ignoring the 3rd gen thing, thinking it must be like a service patch, eg Windows xp professional sp2, windows home xp sp2 etc. so you make an assumption that .......

Is this normal for this to happen? I know that some apps won't work on windows xp vs windows xp 64 but it clearly said so.....