View Full Version : Installing programs onto the harddrive?

Christian_1
26-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi all,
Havent been able to try this since there are not many programs available yet for the N91. Is it possible to install to the harddrive or just to the main memory? Many thanks!

Rafe
26-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Programs install to the hard drive without any trouble. The phone sees memory - it doesn't care what it is.

You can try this with some of the software on the Nokia support site / the CD that came with your phone.

Christian_1
26-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi,
So if I understand you right when I use PC Suite to install programs onto the phone I can select the harddrive as if there had been a memorycard in the phone? Or do I just see the 16 MB memory and the phone will automatically install onto the harddrive?

Rafe
26-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Actually what happens is the PC copies the install file to the phone (to the internal memory I believe) and asks you to finish the install on the phone. During the install on the phone you'll be asked where you wish to install the program.

vickram_123
01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
hi ,
even with pc suite it gives u an option where to install the application , phone memory selelcted by default , just need to click the drop down box n it will show harddrive as memory card , i presume it will trasnfer files to the memory u selected n thn it will prompt u to finish the installation on the phone , on the phone it will ask u where u want to install the application , thn u can choose where u want it .. hope this helps.. thnx