View Full Version : Predictive Text on Commercial Firmware?

Enceladus
18-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if this has been added for the final release, if it hasn't, Sony Ericsson are idiots, most people EXPECT it nowadays, especially Nokia owners. How can they attempt to lure people away from Nokia's phones (eg 7650) without T9 Dictionary (predictive text) support?

On a related note, if they havne't added it, is it possible for a 3rd party programmer to add this functionality to the P800?

To me, this seems like the only chinck in the P800's already thick armour.

David.

verko
18-12-2002, 02:19 PM
t9 should be on it they have it on all theyre other phones

leritz
18-12-2002, 05:31 PM
I don't share your point of view guys. I have been the not so proud owner of Nokia phones for the last four years and I've always exponentionally hated that ridiculous function. I live in Paris, and I write my SMS in french. The thing is always wrong, 90% percent of times suggesting the wrong words. The hell with Nokia anyway, I've had two 8210 go down on screen failures after not much time...

Anyway, with the added ease of input because of the onscreen keyboard on the P800, you're better off without the T9, in my opinion.

Peace.

skydancer
18-12-2002, 08:56 PM
well well here in greece if you dont have t9 ti is very dificult to write mesegaes because you have to cycle fist with the english characters and then with the greek! and as i know no t9 in the final p800(i know people who got it) SE didnt put it becasuse it would increase the phones price as the must buy a licesne from tegic

02-01-2003, 01:59 AM
yeah... there isnt T9 in the commerical version.. unfortunately :cry:

nookie
06-01-2003, 06:17 AM
No T9 ?? No way :evil: Who cares if you cant use it ? it would be nice to have the option to turn it off. Would it be possible to have an application permit the predictive input?