View Full Version : Usernames

spikeymike
22-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Got a question for some of you... it's not symbian related at all, but hey, what else is the waffle board for? :-)

I was interested in how some of you came up with your usernames.... some of them are obvious, like 7650Dude or similar, but some are a bit out of the ordinary. Most of them are guessable, but I'm curious to know if I'm right. So, if you feel like adding to thread, let us all know what your username/avatar /really/ means to you...

the_grey... i'm expecting you're a Gandalf-a-like? If so, are you going to sign up as the_white in a few weeks? ;-)

JToTheIzzo... V to tha izz-a? I'm guessing Jordan has something to do with it to...

MaleBuffy... mmmm.... Sarah Michelle Gellar... mmmm

J2theIZZO
22-11-2002, 11:57 AM
JToTheIzzo... V to tha izz-a? I'm guessing Jordan has something to do with it to...

Shizzle ma nizzle used to dribble down in VA.....Got it in one.

Hova :D

TheSpecialBoy
22-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Wattabout TheSpecialBoy.

Please note that I do not delliver PIZZA NOR :popcorn:

samthepaokfan
22-11-2002, 01:57 PM
SamThePaokFan = Sam The PAOK Fan (PAOK is my football team here in Greece, PAOK Thessaloniki, ask Arsenal FC supporters they will know us for sure...)

But... I guess I should have used the following user name...
Sam The Sheep Lover
(thats another and long story to explain here...)

:onfire: filakia :onfire:

spikeymike
22-11-2002, 02:25 PM
SpecialBoy.... hmm.... let me guess... you are trying to subtley reveal to the telephonic elite of the world (ie us 7650 owners) that you are in fact a young guy which extraordinary powers, soon to reveal himself as a fully-fledged super-powered crime fighter?

spikeymike
22-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Sam The Sheep Lover

Oh, c'mon, with that little intro, you gotta tell the story. I'm really hoping it's not a racial slur on the Welsh...

Oh yeah, to quote Johnny Lee Miller (love, honour and obey):

"Sorry Taff, didn't mean to make ya feel sheepish!"

Spikey

N9210
22-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Not sure where mine came from, just random numbers and letter I suppose... ;)

Absolutely nothing to do with my website www.N9210.co.uk

TheSpecialBoy
22-11-2002, 02:44 PM
SamThePaokFan = Sam The PAOK Fan (PAOK is my football team here in Greece, PAOK Thessaloniki, ask Arsenal FC supporters they will know us for sure...)

Sam The Sheep Lover

Please take time this weekend and write that story...

The winter is comming and our kids (If any) are tired about the Shepper`s storry they hear each year :roll:
Damn I love this roll ;)

GhostDog
22-11-2002, 02:51 PM
Mine is the main character from Jim Jarmushes (I dont know if i wrote that right,i hope he does not get maad) movie,you guessd it,GhostDog :)
About a black urban samrai.Great movie,great lines,Forest Whitakers perforance is great.

TheSpecialBoy
22-11-2002, 02:58 PM
SpecialBoy.... hmm.... let me guess... you are trying to subtley reveal to the telephonic elite of the world (ie us 7650 owners) that you are in fact a young guy which extraordinary powers, soon to reveal himself as a fully-fledged super-powered crime fighter?

No, In fact I am really a special person afterall (according to my friends and personal native skills)

I use this as a NickName on the Internet (but I am not a special internet user) :fadein:

SwitchBlade
22-11-2002, 04:18 PM
It all started many years ago when I started fiddling with coding and music and took on the monica DjS, a few years ago I found the name was taken by some muppet dj who played garage of all things. I then changed to Flips!de only to discover that 6 months later there was a Flipside doing old skool and hardcore up London way. So on my quest for a new name I stumbled across an old 80s band called Strawberry Switchblade (not so much stumbled, more went through my record collection), and decided that SwitchBlade sounded quite good for a nick, both djing, producing, and coding.

spikeymike
22-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Mine is the main character from Jim Jarmushes (I dont know if i wrote that right,i hope he does not get maad) movie,you guessd it,GhostDog :)
About a black urban samrai.Great movie,great lines,Forest Whitakers perforance is great.

Yeah, I saw that movie. I love the conversations between Ghost Dog and the French dude...

GD: "I gotta run, just gotta go downtown and take care of some business downtown"
FD: "Je vous devine mieux aille, vous dois avoir quelques affaires pour prendre soin du centre ville."

<subtitle: I guess you better be going, you must have some business to take care of downtown.>

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Dazler
22-11-2002, 06:15 PM
It just poped up in my mind :)
BTW I didn't have the intention to sound like dazzling :)

TANKERx
22-11-2002, 08:26 PM
The Whoopdangler was going to take over the world from his base in Gorseinon College under his super secret name, TANKERx.

However, he had too many assignments to do and decided not to bother.

GhostDog
22-11-2002, 08:51 PM
The Whoopdangler was going to take over the world from his base in Gorseinon College under his super secret name, TANKERx.

However, he had too many assignments to do and decided not to bother.

:rofl:

Cassius
22-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Mine comes from the French funky house duo Cassius. I really enjoy the french house scene :D

upponalle
23-11-2002, 09:27 AM
Upponalle comes from a Finnish children tale. Nalle means bear in Finnish children language, so Upponalle = Uppo (the) Bear. The books are rather popular here in Finland.
I don't really know why I picked just that name, at least our daughter likes to listen to the stories and for some reason the first student dormitory I lived in was as well called Upponalle...

TheSpecialBoy
23-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Got a question for some of you... it's not symbian related at all, but hey, what else is the waffle board for? :-)

Yeah Spikeymike, great Ideea....

I guess sharing something obout us-and niknames- improves the friendly-ness and gets this community stronger than never.

Keep Posting

:)
23-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Not sure where mine came from, just random numbers and letter I suppose...

Absolutely nothing to do with my website www.N9210.co.uk

Same here man! Mine has absolutley NOTHING, i say NOTHING to do with my avatar, (on the left) or my rank (on the left middle) or my name (left top) or by any chance, by this : )

Nosferatu
23-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Upponalle comes from a Finnish children tale. Nalle means bear in Finnish children language, so Upponalle = Uppo (the) Bear. The books are rather popular here in Finland....

:roll: Hmmm... so i guess your avatar is actually a bear in a piggy suit??? or a piggy looking bear??? ;)

upponalle
24-11-2002, 07:49 PM
The pig and the bear are actually not related to eachother (other than that they are both Finnish).
But following your idea, it is rather a bear in piggy suit (nice disguise :D )

LAuRA
24-11-2002, 09:02 PM
While we are on the subject...
I hate to introduce my ignorance but what does "Te creavit Dazler mirabilem, Te respexit ancillam humilem" mean? My latin is a bit rusty :roll:

LAuRA
24-11-2002, 09:13 PM
I also like the quote that SwitchBlade is now using in his signature. I'm sure there is a story behind it?? Is it :angel: or what?

TheSpecialBoy wrote:
I think the power of quitting is inside everybody. What misses is the Will.

Dazler
25-11-2002, 12:15 AM
I've got it from a bible ... forgot the meaning ... looked it up again ... forgot again :oops:

I remeber the second translation to be something in the meaning of: " I (Dazler) accept you as my virgin maid" :]

I'm pretty sure the original text was something cool ;)

SwitchBlade
25-11-2002, 10:22 PM
I also like the quote that SwitchBlade is now using in his signature. I'm sure there is a story behind it?? Is it :angel: or what?

TheSpecialBoy wrote:

TheSpecialBoy put it in the post about hangovers when smoking was mentioned. Definately the best I've heard it put.

TheSpecialBoy
25-11-2002, 10:41 PM

TheSpecialBoy wrote:

TheSpecialBoy put it in the post about hangovers when smoking was mentioned. Definately the best I've heard it put.\

This is from Life XPerience. I will quit starting 1 January for Shure ;)

LAuRA
26-11-2002, 07:38 AM
:angel: :angel:

26-11-2002, 07:52 AM
When you stop smoking, do you just stop once? Without going fewer and fewer ciggerates? Or what :-? ?

It's not me, but my friend smokes, and i'm getting him outta there! (i think i can't until the will comes from him, not me..)

seanmiguel
26-11-2002, 10:33 AM
seanmiguel: it's very close to a popular beer brandname here in Manila - i think it's popularity reached some parts of Asia and Europe as well (not sure though) - SAN MIGUEL. 8)

i love beer! who doesn't! :D

spikeymike
26-11-2002, 12:03 PM
seanmiguel: it's very close to a popular beer brandname here in Manila - i think it's popularity reached some parts of Asia and Europe as well (not sure though) - SAN MIGUEL. 8)

i love beer! who doesn't! :D

Yep... good old San Miguel!

ashby
26-11-2002, 12:37 PM
San Miguel, the Brits favourite beer whilst holidaying in Spain

Last time I was in Ibiza, I saw a bloke who was heavily sun burnt. I told him that he needed some sun screen, he replied in a strong northern British accent

“Don’t worry laddy, I use Factor San Miguel”

he then poured a whole bottle over his head.

spikeymike
26-11-2002, 02:01 PM
The reputation we have abroad is undesirable, to say the least. May I take this oppurtunity to apologise to the people in live in places like Tenerife, Malaga etc for the behaviour of all of the young (usually male) Brits who can't handle their alcohol. We're not all like that, I promise!

Rear_Admiral
26-11-2002, 03:13 PM
The beer San Miguel is often referred to as San Mismell (No offense)

Dazler
26-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Rear Admiral were can I buy your keyboard? ;)

Rear_Admiral
26-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Its the new Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop, quite nice, you don't have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL anymore! It's the best new key since sliced bread imho! :P

26-11-2002, 08:48 PM
:D :D :D

Would sure need that key here!!

Rear_Admiral
26-11-2002, 11:34 PM
I heard the Orange SPVi, the new SPV, will have this extra button :)

seanmiguel
27-11-2002, 01:10 AM
gee, i haven't realized the SanMig has gotten this popular (unpopular) outside the Philippines! :D

here in Manila it's like the best loved beer, i mean, there are other good beers around but here it's popuarity never dwindled a tad bit. people from all classes and walks of life enjoy the same old beer that is - SMB!!! 8)

seanmiguel
27-11-2002, 01:13 AM

hmmm, why is that? :-? and yes, you have a great freaking avatar! :D

Rear_Admiral
27-11-2002, 09:19 AM

I don't know why it is, I particularly enjoyed San Miguel beer when I was in Spain (Although I liked Heineken Imports just a tad better).... People just kept calling it that...

seanmiguel
27-11-2002, 10:25 AM

I don't know why it is, I particularly enjoyed San Miguel beer when I was in Spain (Although I liked Heineken Imports just a tad better).... People just kept calling it that...

hehe - to heck with all that! point is we enjoy the booze!!! 8)

12-12-2002, 03:19 AM
to get back onto the topic i got my nick from a ciggarette brand 555, i used to like to smoke these but not anymore, but i still keep this nick becuz i have had it since '96 when i had my first internet connection.

seanmiguel
12-12-2002, 03:41 AM
to get back onto the topic i got my nick from a ciggarette brand 555, i used to like to smoke these but not anymore, but i still keep this nick becuz i have had it since '96 when i had my first internet connection.

never heard of 555 cigs. im a smoker myself. where do you have these? 8)

12-12-2002, 04:13 AM

they are international ciggarettes. i actually only smoke them when i go overseas, as they are illegal here in australia (although chinese markets secretly sell them under the counter).

if u ever watch the rallying, on the sube wrx they used to have "555)))" picture on their door.

but know i smoke winfield blue (which u prolly would never heard of).

btw what do u smoke?

seanmiguel
12-12-2002, 04:50 AM

they are international ciggarettes. i actually only smoke them when i go overseas, as they are illegal here in australia (although chinese markets secretly sell them under the counter).

if u ever watch the rallying, on the sube wrx they used to have "555)))" picture on their door.

but know i smoke winfield blue (which u prolly would never heard of).

btw what do u smoke?

yup you're right brah, never heard of winfield blue. :-?

i used to be the typical Marlboro smoker, then swithced to Winston reds. But my true fav, but is quite expensive here in Manila, is Parliament 100s Charcoal Filter. ever heard of that? 8)

kobe24
12-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Me... I'm a Boston Celtics fan, since my friends say I look like Kobe, then I started to use Kobe...

The avatar? well... I'm a Boston Celtics fan, since my friends say I look like Kobe, then I started to use Kobe...get the idea?

I love smokin' Davidoff...it used to be the safest cigarette in the world (I think).

Who doesn't love BEER?

12-12-2002, 07:03 AM
yup you're right brah, never heard of winfield blue. :-?

i used to be the typical Marlboro smoker, then swithced to Winston reds. But my true fav, but is quite expensive here in Manila, is Parliament 100s Charcoal Filter. ever heard of that? 8)

i can't say i have heard of those, by the sounds of the name do they come in 100 packs? just curious

the most expensive smoke i have come across here in australia is Davidoff Magnum (the makers of coolwater aftershave) which are like $16 for a pack of 20's :)

MaleBuffy
12-12-2002, 08:07 AM
I stoped smoking 3 months ago. Never have since! But used to Smoke Philip Morris One.

12-12-2002, 08:20 AM
I stoped smoking 3 months ago. Never have since! But used to Smoke Philip Morris One.

those phillip morris sound extremely weak, im guessing 1mg, heheh :D

btw how did u quit muffy?

i find it extremely difficult to quit even wif those damn patches

MaleBuffy
12-12-2002, 09:01 AM
Easy...

first rule of quitting: YOU REALY HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT
second rule of quitting: YOU REALY HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT

Here in the UK a pack of cigarettes are £4.50 which is apox. Euro/$ 7.50

where in Greece they are Euro/$ 2.30 last time I checked!

Scenario 1:
So what I did is I didnt bring cigarettes from Greece with me, so that I would think twice to buy a apck in the UK. Note: that I WANTED TO QUIT.

Scenario 2:
Play naked in the snow, go ice scating with your t-shirt all wet. You are going to get sick, ill whatever. Usually u stop smoking for a week to get better, then its easy dont start.....again YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT

Hope that helps!

kobe24
12-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Rather smoke than go play naked in the snow. :D

J2theIZZO
12-12-2002, 09:22 AM
lol!!, me too!

I smoke Embassy No.1 and I always have done, I WANT to stop but as I've said before, I maybe could, but I can't imagine a cigarette without a pint of Stella. :o

And as I spend quite a large amount of time in the pub, then I can't see this happening.

Now where's Switchblade with his signature ;)

GhostDog
12-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Here the cigarettes are really cheap,marlboro regular is 1.2 euros.
By the way,i dont smoke :D

simeonbubblegum
12-12-2002, 09:53 PM

TheSpecialBoy
13-12-2002, 12:02 AM
I smoke Parliament 100`s too. Also liked Davidoff Magnum.

Here you can buy Marlboro, Kent...At 0.7 Eur. Really.

I will quit smoking next year. ;) :fadein: :roll:

kobe24
13-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Me, I always quit after a cigarette. Without me knowing, I'm buying a new pack...

:D

seanmiguel
13-12-2002, 06:43 AM
here, here! Parliament rocks! i used to smoke that a lot when i was in college at La Salle! back then, i didnt have to work for money - i just ask! since im breaking my bones for money now, like i said i switched to Winston Reds. 8)

Ultimately, my deadline for quitting is when i have my first child - then i'd stop. and im not planning to have one in the next 2-3 years. :D

sanjay2402
13-12-2002, 07:11 AM

One of the "Extremely rare" species!!! Well done.

PS: After having gone thru "MaleBuffy at work" Pic, for some reason, i always tend to imagine Muffy as that fluffy cat :D :D

seanmiguel
13-12-2002, 07:23 AM

One of the "Extremely rare" species!!! Well done.

PS: After having gone thru "MaleBuffy at work" Pic, for some reason, i always tend to imagine Muffy as that fluffy cat :D :D

LOL!!! :D :D :D

kobe24
13-12-2002, 07:29 AM
:D

MaleBuffy
13-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Fluffy cat? LOL...you are lucky that I am leaving now.... :D :D :D

FOX HOUND
13-12-2002, 01:14 PM
i don't play the game
i be the game (METAL GEAR)
and i smoke MERIT 1- in Saudi Arabia it's only $1.2 for a pack :D

TheSpecialBoy
13-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Just a short refreshment....

I`ll quit smoking tomorrow ;)

seanmiguel
14-01-2003, 01:31 AM

huh? :-? well, good luck brah. i wish you all the best. but you what they say about procrastination..... :D :D :D

Link
14-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Link from the game Zelda on Nintindo...

That's it 8) 8)

FOX HOUND
14-01-2003, 02:01 PM

that's what they all say
good luck :D

TheSpecialBoy
14-01-2003, 02:49 PM

that's what they all say

It is a memento moris. Even today, I still say:

I`ll quit smoking tomorrow.

Guess what I will say tomorow?.. :D

FOX HOUND
14-01-2003, 04:22 PM

that's what they all say

YOU SAID IT BRO....
just smok it -smoking is bad bla bla bla....-(for all underage) :D

14-01-2003, 07:03 PM
just smok it -smoking is bad bla bla bla....-(for all underage)

Smoking is bad!! :D

seanmiguel
15-01-2003, 12:38 AM

that's what they all say

i knew it, i knew it!!! :D

Link
15-01-2003, 04:49 AM

that's what they all say

i knew it, i knew it!!! :D

It is easier to quit smoking if you have shesha... I don't think many will understand this :angel:

seanmiguel
15-01-2003, 05:42 AM
so what is it? :-? what is a shesha? :-?

FOX HOUND
15-01-2003, 08:41 AM
that's shesha

FOX HOUND
15-01-2003, 08:45 AM

is good :D

Link
15-01-2003, 10:38 AM

Oh my god FoxHound, you smoke we#d ... :o :o

FOX HOUND
15-01-2003, 10:53 AM

Oh my god FoxHound, you smoke we#d ... :o :o
so the guy how dosn't have a mirror speks
never said that i did
wouldn't say no in the first place :D :D 8)

seanmiguel
16-01-2003, 10:06 AM
that's shesha

:o :o :o
:D :D :D

evobit
17-01-2003, 01:02 AM
hmm... its the numberplate on my car..

http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~lancer-evo/evobit/images/003.jpg

hianhwee
17-01-2003, 02:30 PM
:D :D :D your threads made me laugh! First about names then smoking. Cannot relate these together!.... :agrue:

Ok, hianhwee is my real name... this name (or some call it handler has been used across various forums in www.ppcsg.com; www.spug.net; etc) It is easier and till date nobody has the same name as me (must thank my father and mom for... kekkeke).

Next, $moking... I started I was 15 and stopped immediately when I was 16. That time, I usually smoke More Slims. 12 months ago, I picked up smoking again, trying VirginaSlims, Davidoff little cigars and MildSeven.

As for now, I have NOT pick any stick since October last year. Even I going to clubs, I try not to smoke (if possible... ) or the most one stick since all my party-animals friends are smokers and I don't want to appear rude. (hmmm, hianhwee... excuse excuse! :black: )

JyriK
17-01-2003, 02:37 PM
...your threads made me laugh! First about names then smoking. Cannot relate these together!...

Thats the wonder of Waffle :D ;) :D

kiyota
30-06-2003, 12:41 PM
hey everyone (especially the new users), let's revive this thread!

kiyota - my fave character in the anime "slam dunk"
sig - safe sex!

Jadeviper
30-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Wow, that was a lot to read all in one go!

Jadeviper - this was the password that came with my very first (Geoshitties) domain back in '96 and I liked it.

My avatar I edited from another to make it look a bit more like me (paler skin, longer, redder hair, bigger breasts, blue eyes and the Saltire in the background - it's not entirely accurate as I didn't add extra chins ;) )

MemphisX
30-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok my turn. About my nickname you can find here
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9948

About my avatar. Its from Final Fantasy 8 but instead of Squall is me. (If you are an old AAS member you may remember my old Avatar, with Squall)