View Full Version : shipping date of n80

steff2632
17-03-2006, 07:49 PM
most places claim that the n80 will start shipping in april.but since the n91 is only just getting released in April & it was announced god knows how many months ago does that mean the n80 will be out say April-may maybe even June??

TazUk
17-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi.

I've been itching to get my hands on an N80 through O2 (UK) - it's the phone that prompted me to try switching from Windows Mobile 5 (K-Jam) to a Symbian device.

I was originally told 20th March by O2, but as of last night they advised me it's now showing as available 16th May on their systems.

EDITED on 22nd March: Just received email confirmation of this date from O2 Customer Services..

EDITED on 13th April: 15th May reconfirmed (not that I'm hassling them or anything lol) for both N80 and N91

HTH

Rafe
18-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Its due to ship mid April ish, its not going to change much from this. So a date of early May for availability form operators is probably a good one.

zainman
21-03-2006, 02:00 PM
thats really not that far off.. Rafe, i know you've used the N80, and you said something about the slide action that it doesnt feel nice. I recently bought a Nokia 6270 and i love the slide action. try and get ur hands on a 6270, i'd love the comparison! cant wait for n80 :)

steff2632
21-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Its due to ship mid April ish, its not going to change much from this. So a date of early May for availability form operators is probably a good one.

yeha cpw have got it lsited as april in thier march catalog but got a feeling that this will change. that if i go into cpw on say 6th of april they will say no stock.

blkcliostu
26-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Popped into vodafone yesterday and they have a release date for the nokia N80 which is the 20April 2006

TazUk
15-05-2006, 07:53 AM
So..... Spoke to O2 Online customer retention this morning to order in my N80 as an upgrade and.... release put back until 5th June :mad:

Seriously peeved and thinking about ordering a sim free version..

Dr, Who?
15-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Taz, mobilephoneshop.com are showing these as available NOW. Might be worth checking them out, but maybe current N80 stocks are for new customer only? This is certainly the case on Orange at the moment.

TazUk
15-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks Dr Who.

I've been hammering the phone this morning, giving O2 a piece of my mind and trying to locate a Pearl Black N80...

O2 gave me some rubbish about Nokia not releasing the phone yet, so I put them straight and told them to get their act together. As a "disappointed customer" I've managed to grab a 12 month upgraded tariff, from Online 100 (100 mins per month + 500 texts) at 25 per month to Online 200(200 mins per month + 500 texts) at 15 per month, and I've ordered a 3G SIM to replace my existing one.

On the hardware front, after being messed around by Direct Mobile Accessories (who currently have no stock and don't know when they're getting any) I've run to Expansys who have about 30 pearl black N80s in stock. Should be arriving (to my business address) by 1pm tomorrow :)

I figure my reduced tariff costs and extra call time should cover the cost of going SIM free. I'm still going to try and grab the upgrade handset later on but then I'll be able to sell one (as well as my iMate K-Jam) and cover my costs..

Telumehtar
16-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I just called Orange and was able to upgrade to an N80 for 50. It's due to arrive tomorrow. The website wouldn't let me, as it's impossible to sign up to a new contract and keep your number if you're an existing customer, and the N80 isn't shown on the upgrades page.

But when I called and expressed my confusion at this, I was put through to a nice lady called Maureen in the upgrades department, who sorted it all out. YMMV.

Rob.

Telumehtar
17-05-2006, 11:06 AM
It arrived. The screen is gorgeous. Slide action is quite nice. Orange don't seem to have branded it too much, although there is some kind of Orange Photography app for uploading your photos to an online gallery, that has taken up one of the icons on the main page.

I called to register the phone and they want me to switch it off for two hours! Where's the fun in that?