View Full Version : New audio player with equalizer

Alexander_A
16-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Hello,

We are going to release a new player with equalizer for Series 60 and we'll be happy to receive your comments for beta version:

http://www.alonsoftware.com/downloads/alonmp3dictaphone_s60.sis

The most active people will be able to get the registration keys :)

Please, test the following features:
- Playing MP3, OGG and WAV files;
- Equalizer for all supported audio formats
- Recording function (record MP3 and WAV files)

The short description:
For playback:
The menu is assigned by software buttons.
Choosing button "List" you may select the folder for playback
For recording:
If you choose Settings>Defined by user, your file will be record at the same folder which has been chosen for playback If you switch off "Defined by User", you may select the folder by choosing Record folder by the left software button.
Equalizer:
To switch to the equalizer choose the button "EQ".
3 independent equalizers are switch on by hardware buttons 1, 2, 3. They are tuning by "Pen"+Joyctick and "Pen"+C.

bluestar
16-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Nice ... but I am still wondering why the biggest standard of today which is .m4a is not supported !!!

Come on guys, with Ipod and Itunes success you could at least implement a decent .m4a support as all our music libraries will soon be converted in .m4a and not in ogg or mp3 any longer .....

L11
16-12-2005, 09:55 PM
I doubt it, m4a isn't that widespread

stuclark
17-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm having problems with recording in MP3 format on my N70 - I'll post more details when I've tested more thoroughly.

zyrorl
18-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Nice ... but I am still wondering why the biggest standard of today which is .m4a is not supported !!!

Come on guys, with Ipod and Itunes success you could at least implement a decent .m4a support as all our music libraries will soon be converted in .m4a and not in ogg or mp3 any longer .....

works fine here.... .m4a...

bluestar
18-12-2005, 02:26 PM
works fine with the new player you mean ???

Because it's ok with the phone in built music player but .m4a files do not even appear on Alon' new player main window !!

does it on yours ?

commando
18-12-2005, 03:40 PM
great player i find it better that the usual nokia one, i like the eq feature

AEFOX
19-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi!...

I was testing first of all the "base" (all flat eq) sound quality comparing with the Nokia Music Player...

I really doubt that the Alon player can sound better than the Nokia Player ...

Why? .. because the non eq sound already has lower sound quality than the Nokia player ...

Here are my Sound quality comments about "Alon" player that you can notice comparing the Nokia Player ... (on Nokia N70 "Music Player")

- Less Stereo channel separation: This make a less spacing/ambient, Nokia player itīs more involving because of better channel separation
- More signal noise level: On low volume parts of the music you ear JIZZ sound (Noise) , Nokia player itīs more clean and silent
- Less Dymanic range: Differences between low volume and high volume passes of the music are more flat, less impact and attack on drums for example because of this
- Higher frequencies sound less sharp and cleear, harmonics sounds with a kind of jitter over it... harshess cause a metallic harmonic on every hi freq.
- Less pure, deep and clear basses
- Middle freq are more annoying, may be because of the same jitter, no clean frequencies separation.

Well, sorry but i found Nokia Player has better sound quality, no matter what you do with the EQ ... i really preffer HiFi over EQ sound ...

I think may be this list of down sides on "Alon" sound quality are because of the same reason that UltraMP3 sound bad too (Alon sound a bit better anyway), Nokia "Music Player" on N70 i think use the internal (hardware) Mp3 codec for decoding process, just like the OggPlay MMF version that i used on my 6680 before... i compared the 6680 with OggPlay MMF and N70 Nokia Music Player and are no differences on sound quality.

All the Players that use own codecs (via software) loss sound quality...

To me right now OggPlay MMF (on 6680/6630 etc) ... and Nokia "Music Player" on N70 are the best sound quality players. (NOTE: Nokis "Music Player" installed on 6680/6630, donīt match sound quality as good as on the N70, i think that on older phones donīt use hardware decoding.)

All this test was playing Mp3 only .. i didnīt test any other format... but i donīt use any other format anyway...

i tested Mp3 16 bits 44.1 khz from 128 kbits to 320 kbits.

i really hope that OggPlay will lauch a N70 version and i hope it sound better than Nokia Music Player ;)

Cya!

:cool:

EinZtein
19-12-2005, 03:07 PM
@AEFOX

I'm using OggPlay 1.65 on my n70 for Mp3 and ogg files. Seems to work fine.

Alexander_A
17-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your comments, we've tried to consider some of them in our ALON MP3 Dictaphone:
http://www.alonsoftware.com/downloads/alonmp3dictaphone_s60.sis

If anybody wants to help us to translate those products, please, contact us: support@alonsoftware.com and he will receive the registration key

Alexander_A
01-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Hello everybody,

We've released a new version 1.18 of our ALON MP3 Dictaphone and we would like to ask you to test RECORDING FUNCTION at your Nokia N70/N90/N91.
You may download the version here:

http://www.alonsoftware.com/download...aphone_s60.sis

The most active people will receive registration keys

Thanks!

Alexander
ALON Software
www.alonsoftware.com

rmarcus
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Have u tried powermp3?
For me the built in equalizer really helps!
U can use pre defined or even edit your own frequencies!

vjleon11
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Hope you be fine; my comments:

1.- Very good user interface (looks very nice)

2.- The EQ, does not chanc much the sound, just the EQ1 does a real effect in sound

3.- More or less complicated to handling the EQ

4.- The channel separation or me itīs fine (at least in my N70 works very but very good).

5.- It is a very good feature that when receiving an incoming call, player stops; let you talk and when the call is finished; it resumes the playback again (any botton has to be touched) very good!!!!

6.- A bad thing is that when you have an incomming text message, you do not realize that you have it until you exit the player (nokia player displays a message indicating that you have a new message in your inbox)

7.- Sound quality; EXCELLENT

8.- No support or m4A

I find this player much better than standard nokia player installed in N70

vjleon11
05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I found another thing:

You have o exit the player to see other things in your phone (or example to read the text messages)
It would be fine if you include as a feature "playback in second plane" as the Nokia player does; I mean that during the playback, you could handle your phone (send text messages, look into contacts, etc. with the player on.

Regards

gdspd8
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi, how come in my N70, I can select EQ but cannot adjust it? Please advise.

EinZtein
06-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I found another thing:

You have o exit the player to see other things in your phone (or example to read the text messages)
It would be fine if you include as a feature "playback in second plane" as the Nokia player does; I mean that during the playback, you could handle your phone (send text messages, look into contacts, etc. with the player on.

Regards
You can multi-task with OggPlay and it supports m4a.

vjleon11
10-03-2006, 03:59 PM
You can multi-task with OggPlay and it supports m4a.

Thanks mate, I will download the Oggplay to check it out and will advise.

elvischong86
14-08-2006, 07:32 AM
this audio player really nice with the equalizer and the interfacing...i was very happy when i installed it into my N70, but too bad my one is only trial version..doest it need any license key or wat? can i have it ?

ratza
15-08-2006, 06:18 AM
You can buy it from:
www.allaboutsymbian.com/software
www.alonsoftware.com
www.handango.com