View Full Version : Nokia N90 - my experiences

JernejL
16-12-2005, 12:14 PM
here is my experiences with this phone, it is cool but some things annoy me a lot, whats yours experience? also if anyone knows fixes or workarounds for some of these problems please share them with us.

here is my experiences with this phone, it is cool but some things annoy me a lot, whats yours experience? also if anyone knows fixes or workarounds for some of these problems please share them with us.

- the phone has reset several times when answering a call with side joystick when it was closed

- the phone cannot block incoming calls from "hidden" numbers which makes incoming call barring pretty much a joke.

- bug on external display clock screensaver screen orientation, sometimes the clock is drawn horisontal, but the black frame around in vertical which makes it display corrupt graphics.

- VERY slow thumbnails in gallery image viewer, there is no fast image explorer like on nokia 6680

- occasionally the autofocus doesn't work right with natural green forest & blue sky scenes and ends up as very blurry

- the main screen rotation is VERY VERY (let me repeat: VERY) sensitive and sometimes goes into camera mode when doing other things on phone like browsing and while in a call it sometimes activates the camera and external speaker, i also saw this happen when the phone was still, open on a table.

- activating video recording is very inconvinient because you have to doublepress the camera button.

- the camera zooming is very slow, if it must be slow for still images it should be faster for video recording like on nokia 6680.

- occasionally when the phone is turned on the camera flash light is turned on and emits light until before the pin menu.

- the iconic-main-menu button below the direction buttons has very inconvinient shape and should be separated better from arrows because a lot of times i mistakenly press it instead the down arrow.

- the phone lacks more default and downloadable themes for the gui interface

- the protection plastic on the cable interface connector gets very easily lost (i lost mine the first day..), the phone should be packaged with at least one spare piece (like some competitor phones)

- software like nokia application installer don't work with N90 properly yet (application installer can't list applications currently installed on n90)

- very bad java compatibility with other java nokia apps, there is no safe-mode emulated screen size solution like for older symbian apps.

- when setting fast keys location for standby screen icons or button shortcuts the smart-sim built in menu appears under blank name in the link target menu selection menu

- occasionally the phone sound effects are cutn off with clicking and poping noise

- the phone sometimes rings using nokia tune ringtone but the call is not videocall but normal call and the melody isn't set to nokia tune in any profile.

- the phone cannot install java applications downloaded from wap sites that are not signed even if i confirm the installation that i trust the provider, but the same java apps install fine with pc suite application installer.

- after making more than 1000 pictures the phone starts naming images with conflicting names, for example, if i delete all images, then the next image to be created will use number 400 again, and the image counter cannot be reset.

tsupatsupa
16-12-2005, 03:54 PM
whats your n90's firmware version?

It should be this:
V 3.0535.4.3
01-09-05
RM-42

just search the internet for the detailed fixes.

JernejL
16-12-2005, 06:33 PM
no, i have this:

V 2.0527.2.3
06-07-05
RM-42

where do i get firmware updates / fixes?

tsupatsupa
18-12-2005, 03:37 AM
take your phone to any nokia centers in your area.

free if your phone is still under warranty.