View Full Version : Nokia N70 More Help Needed Tom Tom Mobile

andrewsexton
10-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I have a Nokia N70 installed Tom Tom Mobile fine. One small problem:

How do i connect to the BT GPS? Any ideas? Please reply if you can help.

Thanks

Andrew

Ash_99
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Check some of the other posts, TomTom Mobile and Nokia N70 ain't the best of friends at the moment !

edd4004
13-07-2006, 12:59 AM
If you're using a universal bluetooth gps, you'll need to go into MENU, CONNECT, BLUETOOTH. Press navigation button right to pair new device. After doing this, you need to open TomTom application. (Make sure the reciever is on in standby mode). I'm running TomTom Mobile 5 and if you don't have the maps etc correctly configured, and the program actually operating, you can't pair the device from gps box to application.

Hope this helps

slitchfield
13-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I have a Nokia N70 installed Tom Tom Mobile fine. One small problem:

How do i connect to the BT GPS? Any ideas? Please reply if you can help.

Thanks

Andrew

But TomTom MOBILE 5 comes with its own GPS! Where did you get the application from, please?

Steve

Drofidnas
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I see where you're angling from Steve but.. benefit of the doubt..

I thought he just mean BlueTooth GPS not British Telecom GPS..

Could still be talking about his TomTom GPS receiver..

--

My TT5 and N70 are great mates.

When I switch my receiver on, it's transmitting straightaway so your TT should say something like "Connect to GPS receiver Yes/No" then once you've accepted go into Connections/Bluetooth/Right Nav key (Paired devices) and set the phone to automatically accept pairings from your GPS receiver (Set as authorised)

obsidian
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
As I understand it, it picks it up automatically (ie without pairing or authentication). I used TT5 and the missus' N70 on holiday for the last two weeks, and no problems whatsoever. Only downside is the smaller screen, as I usually have a PDA for navigating.

The bluetooth receiver was a cheapie off ebay a while back. It's this model:

clickety (http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=706)

:icon14:

paw1983
11-08-2006, 10:35 PM
i ahve a fusion gps thing of ebay it was abtou 40

and since i got a replacment phone they said there was a bt fault

put tomtom on dont use poi's any way so i dunno botu them but it works fine :D

nottmbantam
14-08-2006, 11:54 AM
You may need to configure the TT GPS preferences?

Go into the main TT menu - and choose ( I think ) option 6 - Change Preferences.

THen scroll to the 3rd or 4th page of menu's - GPS Position. ( make sure your GPS receiver is switched on and has already been paired with your phone )

THis takes you to another screen which is a series of bars ( looks like bar graph ). If your GPS receiver is connected and you are receiving a signal, these bars will be bold black and bold blue with the small yellow / blue circle spinning in the top right corner.

If your are not receiving a signal, these bars will be greyed out. If greyed out, press the configure button ( usually left soft key ).

This then takes you to a screen asking you to choose your GPS receiver. There are only two options - either the official TT gps device or 'other gps device '. Choose 'other'. This then takes you back to the screen with the bars, and hopefully, this will then activate. This process is best done outdoors, or at least in the car ( stationery - not moving ) and with the gps device under the windscreen to get maximum exposure.

The above process worked on my 6680 and also when I installed TT on my friends N70.

-Liam-
14-08-2006, 09:33 PM
As above. Make sure you are outside or that the receiver is ar least on a window ledge when you pair the gps receiver with your phone and load tomtom. Did mine tonight with a generic receiver off ebay and it works perfectly.