View Full Version : N70 Time Issue

skooter_15
29-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Hi,
I have just recently purchased a Nokia N70 and am having issues with the time that each calendar entry is being put in at.
I live in Melbourne Australia so I am in GMT+10:00 but at the moment we have daylight savings so technically is is GMT+11:00
If I put a meeting in my Outlook 2003 from 12:00pm - 1:00pm and sync it to my phone the meeting will be put in my phone 11:00am - 12:00pm.
Is there a way I can fix this?
I have tried turning daylight saving off and on, and also tried turning auto time update on but it defaults the time to non daylight savings time.
Is there a place that I can change the GMT+ time?

Cheers,

Skooter_15

Jimbob
29-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Try this, hope it works.

Go to Menu, then Clock
Turn off Auto update and daylight saving in the settings menu
Scroll right and Add City
Add Melbourne
Once added, Options and select My current city
This will then set your phone clock to that city.
Scroll back left and you will see the time and the city, including day and date.
If your currently on Daylight saving go to Settings and activate daylight saving.
This will amend the time to the correct time.
You can then choose to activate Auto time update if you like. This only happens when you have an active connection open to the web.

Hope this cures your problem, if not I'm all out of suggestions i'm afraid.

TONYK
30-11-2005, 03:05 AM
I've had the same problem (in Sydney).

When I called Nokia, they said there was a bug in the software (with Daylight Savings) and would be resolved when an updated version is released in December - not much help with for the next month, though!

skooter_15
30-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I've had the same problem (in Sydney).

When I called Nokia, they said there was a bug in the software (with Daylight Savings) and would be resolved when an updated version is released in December - not much help with for the next month, though!

Thanks, I also just spoke to Nokia and they told me that there would be an updated Nokia PC Suite v6.7 available in week 49 (which is next week)
So I guess I'll just have to wait a week.

Thanks for the help