View Full Version : N70 on '3' - setting up email

deverist1
20-11-2005, 12:28 PM
is anyone able to help me as to why, when I have manually set up mailboxes for email collection (BT Yahoo and Orange) it refuses to receive email and gives me a 'timeout' message. I can send email from BT Yahoo and Orange from the phone but it won't receive. Customer Services at '3' are hopeless! Thank you to anyone that may be able to help

N/A
21-11-2005, 09:42 AM
The question to ask is: Does '3' allow for full Internet access, and do you have the '3' GPRS Internet Access Point (IAP) settings, if they do?

And, even if '3' does allow for "full" Internet access, do they also allow connections to any POP3 or IMAP4 server for receiving mail, and any SMTP server for sending? (Sending may also work with the '3' SMTP servers, if not your email service provider's.).

'3' is known for their "walled garden approach, where they do not allow access to all (or any) services outside their own network. Details (exact restrictions) may vary from contry to country, when you are on '3'. You might want to say where in the world you are.

Jimbob
21-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a POP3 settings error. I believe the settings for pop3 incoming server should be.

BT Yahoo: mail.btinternet.com
Orange: mail.orange.net

Also found this website that might help with the settings

http://www.mobileshop.org/usertech/gprssettings.htm

Hope this helps