View Full Version : N70 Bugs List

Tvizt3r
11-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a nokia N70 v 2.0536.0.2

The new n70 is great, but i think it has many bugs and hope nokia will release an upgrade software soon.

For example, go to the music player, go to Artists, type a letter to search for an artist and then press Select, the player crashes and kicks you back to the menu.

Another weird thing, is the theme that comes by default in the phone "theme 1", notice how the small arrows of the pop-up submenus are white and you can barely see them ?

And finally if you put a theme from the memory card, and u remove the memory card, did you notice how the theme goes away? (it wasn't like that in the 6680)

Anyway, overall it's a great phone, i think it's the best on the market now...Guys please check if you also have these bugs so i can know if it's from my own phone, or a software problem, thanks =)

Jayd
11-11-2005, 03:00 PM
The only bug i have the same is the music player 1. As for the themes this used to happen on the 6630 as well so not sure if its a bug, think about it how can it access the theme if its on the MMC. My firmware is

V 2.0539.1.2
19-10-05
RM-84

kmn70
17-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Hello,
I just recently bought an N70. My firmware version is 3.0x. I'm facing the same issue with the Music Player mentioned earlier. That is, go to the Music Player --> Choose Album/Artist --> Key in a search text --> Choose any entry from the result --> Music player crashes and takes you to the home page of the home. This is very annoying.

What is the resolution? What should I do to get this fixed. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks!

nj7
17-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Never I detected another one that is not the delay for times of the touch when it receives a call, and still is with the original version, 2.x.

ratza
17-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, take this bug: if I select phone memory for storing videos and exit the camera, I receive "Hardware error: restart camera". Obviously I did that and
the result was the same error message:mad: . You can get rid of this sh**t only by deleting 101ffa86.ini from C:\System\Shareddata (impossible because the file
is in use) or by format (*#7370#). My phone had about 6 or 7 formats in the last two days for this. Does this happen to you? My firmware is 2.0536.0.2
12-09-05 RM-84

P.S. If anyone wants to try this, be sure that you have a backup on the MMC

nj7
17-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Never try. But, why shoul I choose phone memory to store videos, if they are big, the phone only have 22mb and I have a 1Gb card?

ratza
18-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Phone memory is written faster than the MMC and the result is a 352x288@15fps video file. Maybe the speed depends on the type of the MMC, but on my 1 GB SanDisk I achieved only around 11 fps and this is not the best of the phone.

nj7
18-07-2006, 09:43 AM
No problem with my card. Is a Mobymemory (seller) card (I think is Samsung).

DoS
26-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Hello,
I just recently bought an N70. My firmware version is 3.0x. I'm facing the same issue with the Music Player mentioned earlier. That is, go to the Music Player --> Choose Album/Artist --> Key in a search text --> Choose any entry from the result --> Music player crashes and takes you to the home page of the home. This is very annoying.

What is the resolution? What should I do to get this fixed. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks!
Does anyone know if this bug was fixed in a later firmware?

The N90 music player (which is the same from N70) that we download from Nokia's site has this bug, and it's very annoying.

Could someone rip their Music Player from their N70 latest FW so I can install it on my N90 and get rid of the bug?