View Full Version : N70 Bugs List

Tvizt3r
11-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a nokia N70 v 2.0536.0.2

The new n70 is great, but i think it has many bugs and hope nokia will release an upgrade software soon.

For example, go to the music player, go to Artists, type a letter to search for an artist and then press Select, the player crashes and kicks you back to the menu.

Another weird thing, is the theme that comes by default in the phone "theme 1", notice how the small arrows of the pop-up submenus are white and you can barely see them ?

And finally if you put a theme from the memory card, and u remove the memory card, did you notice how the theme goes away? (it wasn't like that in the 6680)

Anyway, overall it's a great phone, i think it's the best on the market now...Guys please check if you also have these bugs so i can know if it's from my own phone, or a software problem, thanks =)

N/A
11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
And finally if you put a theme from the memory card, and u remove the memory card, did you notice how the theme goes away? (it wasn't like that in the 6680)You'r memory is in error, I'm afraid. It was and still is exactly like that also with the 6680. When you have a theme installed on a memory card in use, and then remove the card, then also the 6680 (and any S60 phone supporting themes on memory cards) will revert to whatever is its first theme in phone memory (in the case of the N70 it is "Theme 1").

You can always copy or install the theme in the phone memory, if you want it to remain in use even if if you swap memory cards.

steff2632
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
another error(well i think) is that when you press the red button all the open apps are closed
v 2.0536.0.2
12-9-05
rm-84
could just press red button on 6630

N/A
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
That's not a bug. It's a feature. A change in behaviour in S60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3 (FP3), and later.

Before that version, most users ended up unintentionally with applications running in the background and using memory without understanding why.

In FP3 the behaviour changed so that the red/hangup button closes the active/foreground application.

If you want it to keep running, switch to another app or the menu by pressing the menu key.

SymGuy
29-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I also found the red hangup button really annoying: when playing hard platform games I often used to press it accidentally and lose my progress.
However I have solved this problem with NoRedClose (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&jid=AA438C9FAX7X8X171DA24377F33ECDAF&platformId=4&N=7&Ntt=noredclose&productId=198616&R=198616), which will disable that functionality but will still allow you to hang up phone calls normally.

mdansari.it
03-11-2006, 06:31 AM
hai

i want to create a phonebook using symbian C++ which is similar to the existing one in the mobile.

some one please send me the source code for this .

i don't know how to create a new post that's why i have added my request here

Regards
MD