View Full Version : N70 Gallery

paulcollins10
09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Hope someone can help

when i go into the gallery from the menu on the N70 is shows a small picture, like a thumbnail of the video or picture that is saved.
Is there anyway i can hide these thumbnails without deleteing the file as some of the videos i have shouldn't be seen by my g/f!!!
I have tried adding them to an album but they still remain on the previews bit.

Thanks

drchris
10-11-2005, 03:48 AM
i think you cant, gallery shows all photos/videos, despite where these are stored on the phone
you can probably solve this problem with a software tho

im pretty sure theres another thread about this describing what u need to do, just make a search for it!

gadget_sa
10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah.... what sort of videos are they then???

Anyway, to be of service, download FExplorer from www.gosymbian.com

Once installed, open up FExplorer, go to your memory card, Images, find the picture/video you want to hide, press Options, File, scroll to Set Attributes and where the "Hidden" says OFF, change it to say ON

You know they are there, but she doesn't.... but it also means you have to unhide them to show your mates!!!

bluestar
11-05-2006, 12:05 PM
well sorry but it does not work on my N70, everything already registered in gallery stays in gallery even if I hide it with FExplorer, I also tried to delete the _pa folders in the folders that I'd like to hide, but they keep coming back

Any clue ?

kp1
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I tell you what, why dont you show the videos you have to youtr gf, she might like them and you wont have a reason to hide them.:
): i have similar videos too.

on a serious note, i hid mine by changing the file extension in FExplorer, so the gallery does not recognizes them or pick up the files. eg change file name from naughtyvideo.avi to naughtyvideao.iva

only pain in the back with that is that you have to change the name ack to avi when you have the 'urge' to watch the video

bluestar
12-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Well it's not really for hiding the videos :-)

I just want to avoid getting all those bmp associated with POI in tomtom or icons in other applications from being listed in gallery.

didnt find the solution so far .....

slitchfield
13-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Hope someone can help

when i go into the gallery from the menu on the N70 is shows a small picture, like a thumbnail of the video or picture that is saved.
Is there anyway i can hide these thumbnails without deleteing the file as some of the videos i have shouldn't be seen by my g/f!!!
I have tried adding them to an album but they still remain on the previews bit.

Thanks

No problem. See my

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/How_to_hide_media_files_from_Gallery_and_your_chil dren.php

Steve