View Full Version : vodafone mobile tv and the N70

macwhu
07-11-2005, 05:52 PM
anyone actually managed to connec to any of the vodafone
mobile tv stuff
i either get a cant acess page
or if it does put me into real player it times out the connection

(note it always complains about haveing too many connections open
when real starts and i have to dissconnect vodafoen live web)

macwhu
07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
got it working
needed to change the default internet setting for real player

gadget_sa
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Ok, had this working too.... but every so often I get an error message....

msisdn Not Available
The system is unable to display your request.
Please try later.

Now according to Vodafone, it's something to do with them and not the phone, which is a good start. But it could possibly be to do with the Firmware Version you are running as well, as they ask for your Firmware version number.

So please, if anyone else gets this problem, please ring Vodafone, 191, Option 3 then 2 and report and give them your version.

The more info they get, the quicker they can hopefully resolve it.

Thanks
Steve

gadget_sa
10-11-2005, 11:58 AM
It's now got worse!!!

Had this working great from the launch date, used it a few times.
The last use was on Sunday in the middle of Chippenham.

I've got full 3G coerage where I am, but I was getting the msisdn error message when I went in and and tried to play the chosen channel. This error message is apparently the network not recognising my number, although Vodafone say it is there!

I now get another message when I try to access the actual Mobile TV page.
The message is a timeout error, which I forgot to write down, and I also get a Partner 502 error.

Is anyone else on here on Vodafone and having successful connection?
If so, please let me know, and if possible let me know your firmware version in case it has anything to do with it.
Also, anyone having trouble, please let me know any error messages you get and I can report these to Vodafone too if they are different to mine and they may be able to nail this down!!

Thanks for your help.

fluid78
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
It's now got worse!!!

Had this working great from the launch date, used it a few times.
The last use was on Sunday in the middle of Chippenham.

I've got full 3G coerage where I am, but I was getting the msisdn error message when I went in and and tried to play the chosen channel. This error message is apparently the network not recognising my number, although Vodafone say it is there!

I now get another message when I try to access the actual Mobile TV page.
The message is a timeout error, which I forgot to write down, and I also get a Partner 502 error.

Is anyone else on here on Vodafone and having successful connection?
If so, please let me know, and if possible let me know your firmware version in case it has anything to do with it.
Also, anyone having trouble, please let me know any error messages you get and I can report these to Vodafone too if they are different to mine and they may be able to nail this down!!

Thanks for your help.

I just checked out C4 & Sky Sports News - both are working fine. I'm in Central London...One thing I have noticed is that when I switch to full screen mode by pressing 2, I sometimes lose the picture completely. The only way to get it back is to disconnect and reconnect and by doing that I can start the video in full screen mode and it works fine.

gadget_sa
10-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for that.
I see your running the same firmware, so it can't be that.

Just tried myself again... 15 miutes after your posting, and I can now access the pages but when I try to connect, I get the msisdn not available error.....
which according to Voda, is just me not being recognised!!
I'm going to ring them again... if I keep badgering, they may decide to react to it!

Thanks again for your post!

gadget_sa
10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, just got off the phone with Voda.
It would appear that they have been updating the "live" site which could have caused problems. (But I think not).

They have been through my settings in RealPlayer and they all seem fine.

However, there is one setting I wasn't happy with...
Big Favour, can someone go into Menu, Imaging, RealPlayer, Options, Settings, Connection.
Scroll to Network and open.

Default Access Point. Mine was set to Contract WAP.
Can someone confirm what theirs says they are connecting by?

Thanks

N/A
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
For Real Player, I always use my operator's Internet Access Point (IAP), never their WAP Access Point.

gadget_sa
10-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Interesting?

Well anyway, I've been back onto them as what they suggested didn't work.

It was all down to one small issue... the error message msisdn is quite simple...
It's Mobile Subscriber ISDN.
So if I connect to Vodafone live using the Voda GPRS ISP, it works fine, but as soon as I try to access the TV then it doesn't like it because the Mobile TV likes to use WAP.

So i have changed my connection to Voda Live to WAP and hey presto I get Mobile TV!!!

Now it wasn't my fault as that was what Voda recommended when they sent me the settings.

The only time (according to Voda now) to use the GPRS connection is when I want to access full sites on my phone... which to be honest, I didn't have a cle what he was on about.

If anyone cares to share their thoughts on the difference between WAP and GPRS and when to use them, please do, cos I'm sure I'm not the only thick on here!!!;)

neatheyc
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Ok.....where did you get mobile tv from??

I cannot see this option anywhere on the phone or a place to sign up on the web?

neatheyc
11-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Nevermind. Just found it.
Can't connect though.

gadget_sa
11-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Firstly you have to be n Vodafone....

If you are, connect to Vodafone Live in the normal way..... (with the button next to keypad 3)
Then scroll down to "Entertainment" and select.
Then scroll down to "Mobile TV" and select.
Then scroll down to any of the shown channels or scroll to "Full List" under one of the "packs". Choose your channel and enjoy!!!

gadget_sa
11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
ok, you beat me....

You need to be connecting through to Vodafone Live on "Vodafone WAP"

Check your settings on your connections.... if you are connecting via GPRS it won't work as the Mobile TV wants to use WAP

Seppe
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
i've seen it working using a friends phone!

MAJ25
13-11-2005, 08:54 PM
It worked fine last weekend in Norwich when I tried it, then today it wouldnt work. I turned my phone off and on and it started up again, but the picture was jumpy.

Why cant voda get their act together and give us something thats worth bothering about?!! Its a great idea and one that we'd all love to use if it was any good. Why launch a service that's half ready without testing it properly first. Its fine as long as you live in a city too... we dont all live in cities to get a 3g signal :(

I called voda and they said they are aware of problems that are mainly due to too many people trying to access the service...

GREAT!

gadget_sa
13-11-2005, 09:02 PM
It worked fine last weekend in Norwich when I tried it, then today it wouldnt work. I turned my phone off and on and it started up again, but the picture was jumpy.

Why cant voda get their act together and give us something thats worth bothering about?!! Its a great idea and one that we'd all love to use if it was any good. Why launch a service that's half ready without testing it properly first. Its fine as long as you live in a city too... we dont all live in cities to get a 3g signal :(

I called voda and they said they are aware of problems that are mainly due to too many people trying to access the service...

GREAT!

Come on now, let's be a little fair here...
This is something really new, and I think Voda have done well to get it out so quich... and FREE for 3 months!!!!
You must remember that 3G is not great everywhere, and it's certainly not just Vodafone who have "crap" 3h service... they're all the same!!
The other thing as Vodafone said, it's something new so it's taking a real hammering from us lot of N70 lovers!!
Give them time, they'll get there!

drchris
16-11-2005, 04:36 AM
guys, do we pay when watching vodafone mobile tv?
i know they claim its 'free', as in no subscription is needed
but do you actually pay for the data transfer?
im obviously connecting thru 3g

gadget_sa
16-11-2005, 09:17 AM
No!
Any use of Vodafone live service is free, completely free.
You can navigate around the live site for as long as you want. The only thing you pay for is when you decide to purchase something through the live site.
If you navigate off of the live site, then you start paying.
Mobile TV is COMPLETELY free until Jan 31st 06.
After that, it's 5.00 per month per package (choice of 3).

You need to be in a 3G area to receive the mobile TV, but you wioll be connecting via WAP.

Hope that helps

sosolidnix
24-12-2005, 12:35 AM
will this work on a 6630 as it is a 3G phone? :S

Jay3gsm
29-12-2005, 03:09 PM
You can use any Vodafone compatible 3G phone, so the 6630 will be fine. Just check you're using the right settings. I've used the SKY TV service on Vodafone with an E1000, V800, 6680 and N70.

Jay3gsm
29-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Interesting?

Well anyway, I've been back onto them as what they suggested didn't work.

It was all down to one small issue... the error message msisdn is quite simple...
It's Mobile Subscriber ISDN.
So if I connect to Vodafone live using the Voda GPRS ISP, it works fine, but as soon as I try to access the TV then it doesn't like it because the Mobile TV likes to use WAP.

So i have changed my connection to Voda Live to WAP and hey presto I get Mobile TV!!!

Now it wasn't my fault as that was what Voda recommended when they sent me the settings.

The only time (according to Voda now) to use the GPRS connection is when I want to access full sites on my phone... which to be honest, I didn't have a cle what he was on about.

If anyone cares to share their thoughts on the difference between WAP and GPRS and when to use them, please do, cos I'm sure I'm not the only thick on here!!!;)

For all WAP browsing you should use the WAP APN. For full internet usage (email, web browsing, etc) it is correct to use the Internet APN.

WAP is the protocol in use to allow you to view the images etc on the screen of your phone. GPRS is the method in which the data is transferrred (as opposed to the old fashioned dial up connection) so WAP and GPRS don't actually conflict. They are complimentary services.

Johnny Hormone
29-12-2005, 11:52 PM
I have been having great fun with the free tv trial, no settings issues or anything on my contract Vodafone n70, and get a full strength 3G signal at home and in the office... well that was until today. Since this afternoon I have been unable to access any 3G signal in either location which is a real let down.

This coincides with the weather turning a bit snowy, but nothing that bad here in the West Country, and I was wondering if any one knew if 3G suffered from "atmospheric" derived loss of service, or should I contact Voda and ask where my 3G has gone?

N/A
30-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Bad weather should have no influence. Make sure your phone is in "Dual mode", and not "GSM" only (menu > Tools > Settings > Network).

If that's not enough & even rebooting the phone doesn't help getting a signal, then call your operator and ask if they've done network changes in your area that may have caused you to loose the 3G signal.

gaffyc00l
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
HI,
I NEED HELP THIS IS WHAT I DO TO CONNECT, i connect to the tv homepage, I selct a channel and real player starts. Then a icon saying "connection to server needed.connect?" ..i press yes then it says:icon4: " General:Already in use " so i close down the connection and refresh but still the same and no tv.:mad: :mad:
any suggestions? - email me direct! ;)

Gaffy! -- email - Gaffy@dsl.pipex.com

fahimmuchi
28-03-2008, 08:16 PM
hey steve can u give me some screenshots of ur n70 fimrware V2.0536.0.2 please.I uploaded some screenshot,is this picturs really displays both network and battery bar in the menu and also displays a scrollbar in n70.Which firmware version is this? plz tell me STEVE