View Full Version : Nokia PC Suite 6.6-Bluesoleil problem

jango28
02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi All,

I recently bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Bluesoleil 1.6.1.4 Release 050606) for my Nokia 3230.
I installed the Bluesoleil software and Nokia PC Suite 6.6.18 software on my PC (I'm running Win XP SP2).
I can successfully connect and transfer images/mp3 between my phone and PC through the bluesoleil software. But when I try to use PC Suite, it does not connect.
The steps I follow:
- Start PC Suite
- Click on "Get Connected"
- Select "Bluetooth connection"
- Select "Bluetooth(IVT Soleil)"
- It shows my phone in the "Detected devices list"
- I click next and it asks passcode, I enter "123" and click next.
- It says "You have the following connections available" AND the list is empty!:icon4:

Any pointers?
TIA

manta
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
If I were you, I would completely remove the IVT sw, boot PC, connect the dongle and let Microsoft install XP SP2 own Bluetooth software for you dongle. After that should be no problem to use PC Suite with BT

jango28
03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks but I have already tried that.

Initially when I inserted the dongle, Win XP detected the "new hardware". I ran the new hardware wizard and it was unable to find suitable software for the device.
Any idea from where I can get the Bluetooth drivers for Win XP?? OR if it is there on my PC how do I discover it??

manta
03-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe your dongle is not compatible with Microsoft BT. At least I have "bluetooth devices" icon in control panel.

If you google "IVT Bluetooth and XP" you will most likely find some links that explain ow to overcome the situation that Microsoft BT overrides IVT or the other way around.

bonny
04-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi All,

I recently bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Bluesoleil 1.6.1.4 Release 050606) for my Nokia 3230.
I installed the Bluesoleil software and Nokia PC Suite 6.6.18 software on my PC (I'm running Win XP SP2).
I can successfully connect and transfer images/mp3 between my phone and PC through the bluesoleil software. But when I try to use PC Suite, it does not connect.
The steps I follow:
- Start PC Suite
- It says "You have the following connections available" AND the list is empty!:icon4:

Any pointers?
TIA
Download Nokia PC suite specifically made for nokia 3230 from nokia's site. Then download the latest drivers of bluesoleil. Reinstall everything it will work.

zerob_cool
04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Yep, had EXACTLY the same problem on EXACTLY the same software set up (XP sp2 etc.)

I spent two hours truing to sort this, and gave up.

I think its because the 3230 has no recognisable file structure by either BlueSoleil or PC suite, just the 'Inbox' shared folder, so you'll probably just have to do without PC suite. I haven't needed it so far, Bluesoleil seems good enough once you have installed the 'save messages to MMC card' patch.

jango28
04-11-2005, 07:22 PM
I checked the IVT Soleil site, this is the latest driver version they have released.

I can work with the Blue Soleil software but it helps only in copying images or ringtones. I cannot transfer messages or install applications; which can be done only through PC Suite. OR from where do I get the "Save messages to MMC" patch?

jango28
06-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Well..I had my dongle replaced..with another one but the same software. Unfortunately to say I'm having the same problem :)

PC Suite is able to 'push' for pairing my 3230 to Bluesoleil bluetooth stack but it does not get the results from the stack.:icon13:
Anyways, the software I got with my dongle connects and transfers images and ringtones.:icon14: And thanks to FExplorer I can transfer other data too.:icon14:

Now the only thing remaining is the SMS. Any idea how to transfer that?:icon4:

maeglin_ph
08-11-2005, 07:31 AM
had the same problems with the latest pc suite. Ver 6.6.16 works fine though.

bonny
08-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Well..I had my dongle replaced..with another one but the same software. Unfortunately to say I'm having the same problem :)

PC Suite is able to 'push' for pairing my 3230 to Bluesoleil bluetooth stack but it does not get the results from the stack.:icon13:
Anyways, the software I got with my dongle connects and transfers images and ringtones.:icon14: And thanks to FExplorer I can transfer other data too.:icon14:

Now the only thing remaining is the SMS. Any idea how to transfer that?:icon4:

i was having the same problem earlier. but after installing latest versions of both everything works smoothly. IVT easily connects to my phone through PC Suite and i can use it as another hard drive.this way i can put files greater than 6 MB size directly yo my phone MMC.

maeglin_ph
09-11-2005, 03:02 PM
i was having the same problem earlier. but after installing latest versions of both everything works smoothly. IVT easily connects to my phone through PC Suite and i can use it as another hard drive.this way i can put files greater than 6 MB size directly yo my phone MMC.

and what are your versions?

zing0000
09-11-2005, 11:29 PM
I have similar problems with Nokia 6681.

I installed BlueSoleil 1.6.2.1 (release050629) + Nokia PCsuite 6.6.18. I am running Windows XP SP2. I disabled the Microsoft Bluetooth Service using msconfig as recommended by IVT.

I can pair/unpair, transfer files etc., using IVT BlueSoleil.

In order to get any sense from PCsuite, I first delete any pairings in the phone and make sure that BlueSoleil has not done a search for devices. Then from the Get Connected Wizard in PCsuite, the phone is discovered correctly, I pair using my own password and I reach the final window in which the 'services available' are listed as "Nokia 6681 Bluetooth". This only works about one time in three and I have not discovered what the repeatable case is.

But that's as far as it gets. The phone does not connect and none of the PCsuite utilities see the phone. If I go back to the BlueSoleil UI, the three basic services work.

I need PCsuite to work because I want the synchonization with Outlook. I really don't want to resort to the ugly DKU-5 cable.

In a fit of picque I went into the Device Manager and deleted/uninstalled all the Bluetooth virtual COM ports (there were I think NINE!). It didn't make any difference! I need help from someone who actually understands this stuff!

MdS
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
:mad:
Well, after 2 days my hair became gray... BUT! I managed to get to the last window in Nokia Connection Wizard, with my phone 7610 recognized, where "back" and "next" options are dimmed and you can only go for FINISH... guess what - it remains unpaired with PC Suite, instead (I don't know how) Bluesoleil pairs with the phone again.
I have to add, reaching that last window in NCW is a serious progres for me and I managed to do this by unpairing my phone with initially paired Bluesoleil and deleting that same connection on the phone. Further more, passcode initialization came to my phone from PC suite and not from default windows/bluesoleil window, as it usually does, when I'm pairing it with Bluesoleil software. What happens in the mine time? Before reaching that last window in PCS, somehow Bluesoleil "takes initiative" and pairs with my phone again, so it then remains unpaired with Nokia PC Suite.
Someone adviced me to use one of a dozen COM ports simulated by bluetooth and pair my phone through it with Nokia PCS, following cable connection in wizard, but, again, none of these COM's 11, 12, 13,... is shown in the wizard settings, only COM1, COM2 & COM4
Btw, Im using XP SP1... any ideas? Someone to confirm this is possible, before I smack both phone and dongle in the wall?:mad: :mad:

chravikumar
13-11-2005, 07:30 AM
hello Mds, iam also facing the same problem.. iam able to reach the last screen of the pcsuite and when i click finish, the pcsuite doesnt recognize the phone..still says "no phones connected".. have u figured it out how to do it???

thanks in advance
Ravi

MdS
13-11-2005, 02:32 PM
No, but I'll try using my friends Logitec bluetooth headset, which is also dongle and if I manage to establish connection through it, I'll simply buy it and drive over my old one with great pleasure!
In the mine time, I'm browsing net in quest for some compatibile driver that might do the job, and I'll advice all of you with the same problem to do the same, so who ever comes first with a solution...
Best of luck,
MdS

DJStealth
15-11-2005, 06:11 AM
I have EXACTLY the same issue with the ISSC bluetooth dongle and the Nokia 6620 (on Rogers).

Can we maybe check the following details:

What company makes your Bluetooth dongle?
Who is your cell phone provider?
In BlueSoleil, which services are available on your phone?
(I have 3: Dial-Up Networking, File Transfer, Object Push).

Apparently, Serial Port service is needed to work with PC Suite.

DJStealth
16-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I finally got the solution to the problem.

FIRST: Go to Windows Device Manager (right click on my computer, properties, hardware, device manager)

Open Up "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

Right click on Bluetooth AV/HS Audio

Click DISABLE!

In BlueSoleil, go to My Services, Properties

Uncheck auto-start for AV Headphone and Headset Audio Gateway.

Reboot.

Now Try connecting with PC Suite.

-------------

If this does not work,

UNINSTALL PC Suite

Install PC Suite 6.6.16 (NOT 6.6.18).

If anyone got it to work with 6.6.18, let me know please.

jango28
18-11-2005, 01:18 PM

FIRST: Go to Windows Device Manager (right click on my computer, properties, hardware, device manager)

Click DISABLE!

Reboot.

-------------

If this does not work,

UNINSTALL PC Suite

Great work DJ!!!!
Can U tell me from where can I get 6.6.16?? I couldnt find it on the Nokia site.

DJStealth
18-11-2005, 02:55 PM
If you already have 6.6.18 installed, try it and let me know if it works.

If not, find the download link on Nokia's site for 6.6.18, copy the URL and pate it into the address bar. Change 18 to 16. It should be there. (That's how I got it). For example, the download link I get is http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_66_rel_18_eng_us.exe
Just change it to http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_66_rel_16_eng_us.exe
(or just use the second link here).

FYI, when you get it to work, strangely, the Serial Port service will appear not to work from BlueSoleil. Once you make a connection in PC Suite, it will automatically open the Serial Port Service (and it will show in BlueSoleil), but I don't think you can open it from BlueSoleil, it appears it only works with PC Suite.

Finally, one last note. Occasionally, the bluetooth disconnects. At this point, the best thing to do is from the PC Suite Connection Manager, Uncheck the "IVT BlueSoleil" driver from the list of connections, and turn it back on. This restarts the service (apparently different than exiting BlueSoleil from the taskbar). You may need to disconnect (or unpair) your phone in BlueSoleil or hit End-Task on Bluesoleil first in case PC Suite doesn't want to disable the driver.

On another note, I cannot get the synchronize button working on Outlook. It says "The Bluetooth Information Syncrhonization Service is not available" even though it's checked in BlueSoleil.

masterruben
18-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Hello

I have the same problems with the dongle and PC Suite 6.6 too.
I installed Pc Suite 6.6.16 like DJStealth said, but still no connection.
It looks like I haven't got a proper driver for the dongle. Can you help me out by telling me where to find it on the web or if it is possible to mail it to me.
Many thanks so far.

Greetings from Holland

Masterruben

DJStealth
20-11-2005, 03:28 AM
That really depends on what BT dongle you're using, mine is ISSC.

In any case, did you try disabling all the audio stuff and rebooting to see if it then is able to connect?

cell-gfx
23-11-2005, 05:47 AM
I have solved the problems by installing the new drivers/suite, but now I'm being told that the Blusoleil software is an evaluation and can only transfer 5Mb of data.

As I've got the full version of 1.6 on CD, is there any way around this?

carington
24-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I had similar problems getting PC suite to wwork with Blue Soleil dongle. After alot of searching on the web I think what I had to do was download an older driver for the bluetooth device IVT corporation driver version 2.0.10.0. Think you can get this from IVT website or even Blue Soleil. Can't promise anything but I think this is how I fixed the problem.

carington
24-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I had similar problems getting PC suite to wwork with Blue Soleil dongle. After alot of searching on the web I think what I had to do was download an older driver for the bluetooth device IVT corporation driver version 2.0.10.0. Think you can get this from IVT website or even Blue Soleil. Can't promise anything but I think this is how I fixed the problem.

MdS
28-11-2005, 10:40 PM
By the time I made my second/last post here I gave up on this and gave that damn dongle to my brother to hide it from my eyes. I even wanted to get my old 6310 back in action, because 7610 kept reminding me on the amount of nerves I wasted trying to pair it with PC Suite. Then I saw DJ's instructions... and followed them... :o !!
I have one word for you DJ - BRAVO!!!:icon14:
Cheers!

dino_dimitri
04-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi guys,

The BlueSoleil 1.6.4.1 does not have support for the nokia PC suite 6.6, but it do support Nokia PC suite 6.5, just downgrade the PC suite to 6.5 to get the BlueSoleil 1.6.4.1 working, Let me know if you have any problems :)

Dino

the_gripmaster
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM

Click DISABLE!

Reboot.

-------------

If this does not work,

UNINSTALL PC Suite

Hey DJStealth, Y O U A R E T H E M A N. PC Suite 6.6.16 (not 6.6.18) fixed the problem. My 2.5 days of labor pays off.

Here is how my problem was fixed:

1. uninstalled the damn dongle driver that came with the Billionton USB Device
2. uninstalled the damn PC Suite 6.6.18
3. rebooted the pc
4. installed the newer IVT BlueSoleil Driver version 2.0 EDR for my USB BT device from http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=607&kind=8
5. rebooted the pc
6. installed the PC Suite 6.6.16 from http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_66_rel_16_eng_us.exe
7. used the “Get Connected” wizard from the PC Suite, and viola!

I did not have to disable anything from the device manager, as DJStealth had instructed.

Installed and tried Nokia PC Suite 6.7.21. It works. So I would recommend you to use 6.7.21.

conartist4u
14-12-2005, 08:52 AM
No man....always open thread so everyoe can benefit.

maybe u can help me.

IVT Corp class 1 billionton bluetooth dongle
Winxp
SP2
PC suite for 6600

Problem mrouter only goes to com 500 and no other,does not detect any other ports...ca`nt find mrouter beta...
an someone upload?
and is the 6.7 pc site compatable with the 66oo?

N/A
14-12-2005, 06:05 PM
PC Suite 6.* is not compatible with the 6600 (all phones released after the 6600 by Nokia are).

r5201980
23-12-2005, 02:37 PM
just uninstall the latest pc suite and install the previous version, i am using pc suite 6.5.12 for blue soleil dongle and its working very well...:) :) :)

Thanks for the one tread that suggesting use the previous version. :) thanks for the help guys

sarika
27-01-2006, 12:48 PM
i also had the same prob with nokia 3230.But a very good reply....Now i m able to connect ...thanx again

ratza
21-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi, I am from Romania, sorry for my English. I had the same problems with an ISSC dongle and PC Suite 6.6.18. I almost crashed the damn dongle. I was thinking that maybe Nokia's PC Suite couldn't be compatible with my 3230, but with IrDA connection worked perfectly, so... I was realy mad.

After one month of tries and when I was thinking to get a new dongle, I found this forum. Followed the instructions and I finaly get it workin'. Surprising, now Bemused it's working too. Another thing: I got it working only after I disabled Microsoft's Bluetooth from connection manager in PC Suite.

The dongle came with an installation CD, so if anyone needs the 2.0. version of the driver, tell me your email on PM and I'll send it to you.
THANKS AGAIN! I OWE YOU SOME BEERS MATE!

citam
21-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Hello! I am new on this site.

I am also hevimg some problems with my BT device.
Is there any option to get just a driver without BS software?

ratza
22-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't think so. Follow the instructions on this forum. I did it and now I have a good and stable connection with PC Suite.

citam
22-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Thank You for the answer.
Any idea, how to remove BlueSoleil Addin which is allways shown in MS Outlook even it is shutted down.

citam
24-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Thank You for the answer.
Any idea, how to remove BlueSoleil Addin which is allways shown in MS Outlook even it is shutted down.
I allready found. In SafeMode I deleted file outlookaddin.dll from C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil

Bye...

rafez
25-02-2006, 10:33 PM
I got phone connected with BlueSoleil
mRouter from PC Suite will show that it is connected if I will connect from BlueSoleil using bluetooth serial port service
BUT PC SUITE IT SELF CAN'T SE MY PHONE
what to do?
PC Suite for Nokia 6600 is version 1.1.0
BlueSoleil 1.6.2.1

najahalkuzaee
25-03-2006, 01:33 PM
hi all
please can you help me to find a driver to my bluetooth device BlueSoleil because of its cd is not found fastly please please
:con?

feo
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi

I have a WinXP SP2 and a 6230i and PC Suite 6.70.22. I also have a ISSC bluetooth dongle (thats whats listed in device manager) and it connects fine in BlueSoleil but in PC Suite when I click on Get Connected and Bluetooth connection my phone doesn't show up at all. If I click Search again nothing happens. Should I follow the advice in previous posts or is this problem different from what I'm having? Your help is GREATLY needed.

Thanks in advance.

steff2632
10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
yes this happens to me. im using bluesoliel ver 1.4.9.5
on xp sp2

EDIT

use pc suite 6.7(lastest download & blouesoliel version 2.0 & works fine. transfer rate not as fast as with usb but probs due to bluetooth speeds & sometimes connection drops but aslo due to nature of bluetooth

feo
11-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply..I have pc suite 6.70.22 and will download bluesoleil version 2 now and tel you if it works.

steff2632
14-04-2006, 03:06 PM
also found that bt is more stable when you use bluesoliel & open up the file transfer service (might work for other services havent tried)

ratza
04-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the 1.6 verion of the driver is in fact 2.0.
If anybody can confirm this, please post on the forum.

invisiblewave
07-05-2006, 01:27 AM
First, thanks to all the helpful posts here that helped me figure this out.

I got a dongle with BlueSoleil 1.6.0 software, my phone is a 6230, and the PC Suite I downloaded was 6.80.20 (the latest version I think). My o/s is W2K. First off, after installing both, I got no connection at all, PC Suite didn't give me the Bluetooth Connection option.

I first tried the latest BlueSoleil software with the same result. I then downloaded a previous version of PC Suite (with help from a link I found in an earlier post). This gave me the Bluetooth Connection option, but wouldn't find the phone.

Eventually, after much uninstalling and reinstalling, and checking drivers, I discovered that whatever BlueSoleil version I installed, Windows always picked up the default W2K driver (which is IVT 2.0). I uninstalled the device, deleted the driver altogether (WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/btcusb.sys), then reinstalled BlueSoleil 1.6.2.1 (again from a link I found in an earlier message to the MSI download page), and reinstalled PC Suite 6.6 (following advice in an earlier post). When Windows tried to install the dongle and couldn't find a driver, I browsed to the drivers on the disk that came with the dongle and installed it, this turned out to be IVT 2.0.10.0, and therein, I believe lies the problem.

Guessing that the problem all along was the default Windows bluetooth driver, I then uninstalled PC Suite 6.6 and reinstalled the lastest, 6.80.20. This works, so my current setup is BlueSoleil 1.6.2.1 with PC Suite 6.8.20 using bluetooth driver IVT 2.0.10.0.

If I had to do it all again, I'd install whatever BlueSoleil software I had, plug in the dongle, then update the dongle driver from the BlueSoleil disk. My belief is that this will then work with PC Suite 6.80. I'm hesitant to try it to confirm, since my current setup with BlueSoleil 1.6 is finally working!

I'd just like to add my own comments about PC Suite, which might make you wonder if it's worth the effort of getting all this stuff working. I've been using this piece of crap since I first got a Nokia phone, and I've been through various versions. I'm a software developer myself, and PC Suite has always been a stinking pile of user unfriendly, buggy crap (version 5 was the easiest to use and wasn't too buggy, it's gone steadily downhill ever since). Nowhere, for example, did it tell me that to view my contacts, I had to open the folder then hit F5 to refresh the pc folder from the phone. 6.8 won't send text messages, the error message it gives is that it's lost connection to the phone (this seems to happen with various other operations too), even though the phone's still connected and other applications work, including the BlueSoleil apps. This leads me to believe that the bugs lie SOLELY within the Nokia software. Their phone software is great, if only they could get their connectivity software right......

vjnookie
30-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I have the same problem and i cant do anything.
I have 2 windows installed on my pc and the pc suite is not working with bluesoleil bluetooth. I had the latest PCSUITE and i doesnt worked, i tryed 6.6.16 and 6.15.xx and the same. The problems is that i went with the dongle to a friend of mine and on his pc worked instantly. He has installed pcsuite 6.6.16. It is possible that downgrading pcsuite wont install the 6.6.16 version corectly? Because I installed on my own pc and it is not working as it works at my friend's place.

HELP:mad:

hernan_e
27-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi. In this Link, (http://latinoamerica2.ext.nokia.com/soporte/galeria/pc_suite/download.htm) Nokia says Pc Suite needs IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth driver version 1.6.1.4 . Not Work
I downloaded BlueSoleil 2.1.3.0 DEMO from http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp and y works fine with Nokia PCSuite 6.8 release 22 .
The limitation is the amount of information to transfer is 5Mb and then dont know wath happens.

Doomsday
04-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Ok, after reading the many problems that people have and a day and a half of frustration, I have everything working and a solution that should work for everyone. Note that if you get a message to reboot, you MUST always do it.

1. Uninstall Nokia PC Suite (whichever version you have).
2 Download Nokia PC Cleaner and the latest version of PC Suite from the Nokia site
3. Unless you have BlueSoleil 1.6.1.4 installed, uninstall BlueSoleil.
4 Get the required version of BlueSoleil i.e. 1.6.1.4. (You can get it from http://www.abe-hk.com/english/support/drivers/BlueSoleil%201.6.1.4.zip)
5 Install BS 1.6.1.4 and pair up your phone. Authorise from the phone and from BS.
6 Run Nokia PC Cleaner and take the "Other" option to clean out all remaining files and registry entries.
7 Install PC Suite with your phone and PC connected.
8 Use the "Get Connected" function and choose Bluetooth and you should be connected up in a few seconds

You dont need to disable anything. You dont need the latest version of BS which has limitations.

Everything works for me including sending text messages from the PC and Dial Up Networking via 3G. Note that you DO NOT use the PC Suite "Connect to the Internet" option like you do with a cable - use the Bluetooth DUN option once you know the user id and password for your telco.

I have a 6630, but I think this work for any compatible phone using S60 and PC Suite.

The key seems to be that you must have the IVT bluetooth stack installed and working before PC Suite is installed. Uninstalling PC Suite never seems to get rid of it unless you run the Nokia PC Cleaner.

Finally, I have to echo the earlier sentiments about Nokia PC software it's...um...(I guess I better be polite)....bloody awful. Great phones, so why spoil them by providing software written by idiots?

Doom
An Englishman abroad ;)

mbzhackers
09-07-2006, 05:03 PM
It seems that this solution doesn't work with Nokia 6600. When I use the Get Connected function, it detects my phone but when i click on next an error message appears telling me it couldn't authenticate the phone.
What is the problem?

jango28
17-07-2006, 05:11 AM
It seems that this solution doesn't work with Nokia 6600. When I use the Get Connected function, it detects my phone but when i click on next an error message appears telling me it couldn't authenticate the phone.
What is the problem?
You need to use a different PC Suite version for 6600.

guruosho
29-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Please post only solutions for the Problem. I've scanned scores of forums and have seen scores of solutions - some working for some and some not working for some. Therefore, this thread to post only the solutions for the compatibility of Nokia PC Suite (any version) with Bluesoleil Blue tooh Dongle software (any version). Readers could try out various solutions listed, so that hopefully at least one of these will work.

How I got the problem Resolved.

1. Uninstall the version of Bluesoleil drivers and software
This in itself is a big problem and I have again found scores of post on just how one can uninstall the software. Here's what worked for me.
a) Used the uninstaller in the CD of Blue soleil software.

b) Restart as prompted by the software (but still the programme remained)

c) From Control Panel>Device Manager - I removed all drivers of Blue tooth that I could find Headset, PAN, Modem etc. every blue tooth driver.

d) Deleted the Folder IVT (folder where the software is installed in the Programme Files

e) Downloaded a small 541KB programme called RegCleaner from

www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/programs/regcleaner.exe

Installed it and removed all the registry entries for the IVT and Blue soleil software.

f) Reinstalled the Blue Soleil software same version (1.6..........) And here is where the trick lay I think.....
The setup programme prompted me that some .dll file to uninstall the software or install the software is there in Windows>System32 folder, and asked me what to do.

I went to the Windows>System32 folder and tried deleting all files so prompted for by the Setup programme. I could not delete them so just renamed them with some obscure name "xyz". and proceeded with the setup programme.

g) IMPORTANT: I plugged in the dongle only after the entire setup programme was over. Windows then installed some drivers and Voila!!!!

h) Opened PC Suite 6.8 and wo! I could pair my Nokia 3230 with the Pc Suite software.

Took me two days of hair tairing but I could finally synchronise my Pc with my phone.

What I have posted above may be right may be wrong, but yes this is what has worked for me. I've tried various such solutions posted on various forums but they didn't work for me. But then someone said the answer lies in properly unistalling BlueSoleil software and gave me the link to download REgCleaner. And that did the trick.

I've seen innumerable people face the same problem therefore just as a token of thanks to forums that have helped me find a solution, I've posted the solution that helped me.

There could be other solutions that have worked for other people. If they can post them here, readers will have one thread with different possible solutions and they can try others out if one does not work.

Thank you all forum posters.:)

Trat
23-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Please tell me: what would be the best driver (or better: bluetooth dongle) for use with PC suite. I had a BlueFritz dongle, which I ritually burned this very night. I don't think I want any of this BlueSoleil shight on my PC, would I?

Please tell me, I want 100% simple solution.

skhwaja
27-08-2006, 01:12 PM
For your kind information
IVT bluesoleil not compatable with PC Suite So it could not be work with it. See below from google:

Nokia - PC Suite Version Table - Download - PC Suite
Microsoft Windows XP Bluetooth (included in XP SP2); Toshiba Bluetooth stack for Windows ...*Note: IVT Bluetooth is not compatible with the Nokia 3250
www.nokia.com.ph/nokia/0,,90544,00.html - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

ichoudhry
26-12-2006, 04:03 PM
pl do me a favour by sending the 2.0 ver for me as i am facing the same problem ,Regards

Hi, I am from Romania, sorry for my English. I had the same problems with an ISSC dongle and PC Suite 6.6.18. I almost crashed the damn dongle. I was thinking that maybe Nokia's PC Suite couldn't be compatible with my 3230, but with IrDA connection worked perfectly, so... I was realy mad.

After one month of tries and when I was thinking to get a new dongle, I found this forum. Followed the instructions and I finaly get it workin'. Surprising, now Bemused it's working too. Another thing: I got it working only after I disabled Microsoft's Bluetooth from connection manager in PC Suite.

The dongle came with an installation CD, so if anyone needs the 2.0. version of the driver, tell me your email on PM and I'll send it to you.
THANKS AGAIN! I OWE YOU SOME BEERS MATE!

HellRider
03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi All,

The steps I follow:
- Start PC Suite

Any pointers?
TIA
1]Start your IVT Bluesoleil software.
2]Find your device by clickin on the Bluetooth Device Discovery option in My Bluetooth menu.
3]If your phone supports Bluetooth Serial Port Service.
4]The connect your phone to this service.It will automatically install Virtual Serial Ports on your computer named as COM 5,COM 7.
5]Now start your PC-Suit and start your bluetooyh connection.
Try this or I"ll give you another solution.Also try to find latest drivers for your bluetooth device.

ratza
06-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Symbian OS; Nokia N70/5.0638.3.0.1; 1657) Opera 8.60 [en])

Man, the problem was sorted. PC Suite 6.6.18 cannot make connections via BT.

mikhail7
20-08-2008, 05:14 AM
Go to http://www.nokia.com.ph/A4733152 and click download tab, get NOKIA PC SUITE...

Then go to http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/, get the proper Bluesoleil for your system.

Good luck!!!!

cricfancy
21-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Dear Forum,

As per the Nokia PC Suite's User Guide manual, If you want to use a Bluetooth connection, install Bluetooth wireless technology software on your PC before you install Nokia PC Suite. BTW, Nokia PC Suite 7.0.7.0 is not compatible with Windows 2000 :icon4:

Follow the above order install Bluetooth Wireless technology software first and then install Nokia PC Suite ... :icon14: IF you want you reboot your PC and then try to connect your phone with BT.

Bluetooth wireless technology equipment compatible with one of the supported Bluetooth stacks listed below::

Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
• WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver version 6.x
• Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.10.12
• IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.0.5

Windows XP x64:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack
• Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.10.12
• IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 5.0.5

Windows XP:

• Microsoft Windows Bluetooth (only in Service Pack 2)
• Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 4.0, 5.0 and 5.10.12
• WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver version 1.4.2.18, 3.x, 4.x and 5.x
• IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 2.x, 3.x and 5.0.5

Windows 2000:

• Toshiba Bluetooth stack, driver version 4.0, 5.0 and 5.10.12
• WIDCOMM Bluetooth stack, driver version 1.4.2.18, 3.x, 4.x and 5.x
• IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, driver version 2.x, 3.x and 5.0.5

Note: Available Bluetooth technologies and their versions may not be supported by your Nokia mobile device. Check your Nokia mobile device user guide for further details about compatibility with the listed Bluetooth technologies.

Note: To check which Bluetooth stack your PC has installed: in the Nokia PC Suite main window, click Help > About Nokia PC Suite…> Show System Information dialog. If the Bluetooth stack found on your PC is not supported