View Full Version : Got One

gadget_sa
24-10-2005, 01:12 PM
At last, I got my N70 from Vodafone.
18 month contract (hopefully being reduced to 12 by one of the nice girls in customer care) 18.00 a month tariff and the phone cost me nowt!!!

First impressions, nice looking.
Second impression, hmmm, not use to this software!!
Ok, I'm over that now... after sitting with the phone for about 4 hours solid, I have found my way round (almost) all of the menus and seem to understand what does what!!!

Connect to PC ok, all seems straight forward and the Nokia Suite makes the whole operation of what I want to do quite painless.... almost. Configuring all my contacts took a bit of time but hey, nothing else to do!!!

Sunday. Time to get some software on it... bought a stack of stuff from Handango.
Epocware Weather- Went on fine... I like to know whats going on in advance!
Worldmate- Can't get this to work
Mobirate Bowling- Can't get this to work
VR Pool- Can't get this to work.

I keep getting error messageds on installation. It can't be to do with Vodafone locking the phone as the Weather worked!! Buggar!!! What do i do now!

I know, I'll download a new ring tone.... No I won't. Vodafone don't have the Drivers set up on the Network.... or so they tell me!!

Can't test TomTom as my friend has borrowed my card to go to his Aunt's this weekend!!

Apart from these bits.. I reckon I'm pretty happy with it!

Well, if anyone can help with any of the above, please let me know!!!

Thanks
Steve

N/A
24-10-2005, 01:20 PM
For software installation, make sure that menu > Tools > Manager > Options > Settings > Software installation is set to "On".

I don't know if Vodafone has set some restrictions (like, for example, only allowing signed applications to be installed, or some such). For the 6630, at least, I know they prevented MP3 use as ring tones.

gadget_sa
24-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks, whoever you are???

Just checked the settings where you described and it was for "Signed" content only...
Changed it as you described and it hey guess what..... the software loads!! You star! Thanks ever so much!!!

Steve