View Full Version : Beta Tester Request for Nokia's Hinter Wars Multiplayer RPG

Ewan
13-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Hinter Wars - The Alterian Invasion (www.hinterwars.com (http://www.hinterwars.com/)) has opend up a request for Beta testers at the 'N-Gage in Barcelona' event today. Another massive multiplayer game, Hinter Wars is one game world, and you can play the game either on your PC desktop, or on your N-Gage device. Eventually, it will be a subscription based service (in the region of $3 USD a month) and the N-Gage client will be a free 32mb download from the Hinter Wars site.

krisse
13-10-2005, 05:07 PM
LOL... they asked for beta testers a while back too, and those who signed up (myself included) ended up being regularly spammed (sometimes several times a day) with an identical "coming soon" advert for HinterWars with the subject line "Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on N-Gage!"...

I think they need to reinstall their mailing list software... :)

ravis_31
14-10-2005, 08:00 AM
LOL... they asked for beta testers a while back too, and those who signed up (myself included) ended up being regularly spammed (sometimes several times a day) with an identical "coming soon" advert for HinterWars with the subject line "Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on N-Gage!"...

I think they need to reinstall their mailing list software... :)
i signed up for beta testing when the site was launched,but haven't received any mail or msgs as the others did.but it will be interesting as to how the game is gonna be played,build up units using the PC and attack/checkout using the n-gage

Ewan
14-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Functionality in both the PC client and the N-Gage client should be identical, just UI changes. The playable demos of Hinterwars on both platforms look very similar

elburro
14-10-2005, 10:28 AM
playable demos? where?

Nemolis
14-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia7650/1.0 SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

playable demos? where?

If its multiplayer,so what gprs connction it will use? igprs?pls pm me

ravis_31
14-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Functionality in both the PC client and the N-Gage client should be identical, just UI changes. The playable demos of Hinterwars on both platforms look very similar
playable demos?:O
did u get it?
did u also sign up for beta testing?:O

Ewan
14-10-2005, 11:28 PM
playable demos? where?

At the Nokia Press Briefing I was atteneding when they announced the game. When the public beta's come out we'll carry news on the front page.

krisse
15-10-2005, 01:11 PM
If its multiplayer,so what gprs connction it will use? igprs?pls pm me

IF it's multiplayer? :o Hinterwars is nothing BUT multiplayer! ;)

It'll use whatever connection the phone uses presumably, which would be GPRS on the N-Gage and possibly also wi-fi and 3G when it's released on the new Nokia smartphones.

Nemolis
15-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia7650/1.0 SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Where can i read bout it?

ravis_31
17-10-2005, 03:55 AM
http://www.hinterwars.com
they have screenshots,trailers and information on the races