View Full Version : Is this worth it?

kimimaro
12-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi guys, ive been browsing alot of phones and I am still back at Nokia eventhough there are tons of samsung or sony ericsson out there. I own a 6600 I am just wondering if this phone is worth it from my switching from 6600 cause I still love series 60 with tons of flexibility having symbian as an os while the SE k750i or the SGH-D500 which used to be my dream phone is not what I've been expected. Does this phone have all the features of 6600 and more ? Thanks in advance

kimimaro
12-10-2005, 03:51 PM
And one thing to add... Does the speaker of the 3230 is way better than the 6600? Cause i found out that 6600 speaker is a crap. Low in volume and I need to tune it up from the computer. Does the sounds produce better quality as opposed to 6600? (16000MHZ if im not mistaken)

Rich_uk
12-10-2005, 06:10 PM
once all the bugs are sorted it'll be quite good but if i were you, i'd hang on for the n70

kimimaro
12-10-2005, 06:29 PM
The N-series is too expensive in my expenses for phone

nse
13-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi guys, ive been browsing alot of phones and I am still back at Nokia eventhough there are tons of samsung or sony ericsson out there. I own a 6600 I am just wondering if this phone is worth it from my switching from 6600 cause I still love series 60 with tons of flexibility having symbian as an os while the SE k750i or the SGH-D500 which used to be my dream phone is not what I've been expected. Does this phone have all the features of 6600 and more ? Thanks in advance

i went from 6600 to 3230, and i think it's a pretty good upgrade. aside from all the new programs included with 3230, there's also the hot-swap rs-mmc, fm radio, ability to play mp3 files (important to me, so i can set as ringtone and alarm tone), edge, smaller/slick design (after a few months, i really hated the bloated look of the 6600), 1hr video recording, 1.3mp camera (which i find is so under-rated... i've printed photos from the 3230, and the quality is amazing for a phone), etc. the operating speed is also faster, i've noticed; there's just not as much of a lag when starting programs, turning on the phone, etc. so yes, the 3230 has everything that the 6600 had, but also included a lot of "high-end" features that are expected today.

the loudspeaker quality in 3230 is better than 6600, i suppose... there's less distortion at high volume comparatively (but it's still not on par with the speakers from SE or Samsung). the 3230 is quite loud, though, so volume-wise with music is good (except for the most quiet classical piano pieces).

kimimaro
13-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks for replying.. I just browse some store now and I found out that the 6630 is comparatively affordable to the 3230. I have heard a lot of comparisson between these two. Of this two which is better in 3rd party and compability software wise? I am a guy love to tweaks and tunes software between phone and the pc. As I know the 3230 has a lot of functions but the buggy firmware and the speaker quality discourage me from buying where the 6630 seems superior while lack of built-in radio and infra-red. I need either one this saturday so please reply

bonny
13-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for replying.. I just browse some store now and I found out that the 6630 is comparatively affordable to the 3230. I have heard a lot of comparisson between these two. Of this two which is better in 3rd party and compability software wise? I am a guy love to tweaks and tunes software between phone and the pc. As I know the 3230 has a lot of functions but the buggy firmware and the speaker quality discourage me from buying where the 6630 seems superior while lack of built-in radio and infra-red. I need either one this saturday so please reply
If u are not much bothered about radio then surely go for 6630 else 3230 is fine too except some irritating bugs.