View Full Version : How to set up 7710 for Gmail

Improbulus
24-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi, in case anyone is interested, I've done a tutorial with screenshots at http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com/2005/09/nokia-7710-smartphone-how-to-set-up.html

There are niggles, like it deletes all opened mail the next time you update (ie send/retrieve), I haven't had a chance to figure out yet if that's Gmail or all POP mail, but it's better than nothing...

Zerion
25-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for that, I've been trying to get it to work myself and I was just about to post to ask if anyone had figured the right settings (I'm lazy, don't wan't to have to experiment myself...)

BTW, the problem with messages getting deleted after updating, is only with gmail, as it seems to only allow retrieving any mail over pop only once, even if the client intructs it to keep the message on the server. (though it is bit stupid the phone deletes the mail from your inbox, if it thinks it has been deleted from the server)

Improbulus
25-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks for that, I've been trying to get it to work myself and I was just about to post to ask if anyone had figured the right settings (I'm lazy, don't wan't to have to experiment myself...)

BTW, the problem with messages getting deleted after updating, is only with gmail, as it seems to only allow retrieving any mail over pop only once, even if the client intructs it to keep the message on the server. (though it is bit stupid the phone deletes the mail from your inbox, if it thinks it has been deleted from the server)

Cheers Zerion, thanks for the info on Gmail - and here I was blaming Nokia! Well it's a bit of both I think if the phone deletes it from your Inbox. I was going to see if Profimail also deletes it from the Inbox on the next update, but unfortunately it crashed on me before I had the chance to try it... :frown:

Improbulus
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
I should have mentioned earlier, I figured out how to save emails.

See this post http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com/2006/05/tips-for-gmail-via-nokia-7710-mobile.html