View Full Version : Firmware upgraded

onlybobby
17-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,just upgraded my phone's firmware from 3.02 to 4.01...And wat a change..Its working like a dream now...Love this baby...
Cheers

abps
17-08-2005, 06:16 PM
onlybobby can u tell me where u live and where u upgrade your nokia 7710. I m from Delhi, India and I want to upgrade my nokia 7710 to v4.01.0.

onlybobby
18-08-2005, 03:29 AM
onlybobby can u tell me where u live and where u upgrade your nokia 7710. I m from Delhi, India and I want to upgrade my nokia 7710 to v4.01.0.

I am also from Delhi...Do this...Go to this address:
Nokia Care,
76,Okhla Phase-3
New Delhi

Go there and just tell them that you need a software upgrade..And they will do it easily,i got my firmware upgraded from Okhla only..There might be other Nokia Care centres but i can tell you from where i upgraded mine..They have the latest (4.01) version...And if your Nokia 7710 is under warranty period,they upgrade it for absolutely free..Like i got my firmware upgraded for absolutely free of cost...
So,there you go..I hope that will help you...And do post your experience with your 7710 after you have upgraded..Ok brother?? And dnt worry,this firmware(4.01) version will solve almost all the problems that this cell has with older firmware versions...

PS: After you've got your phone's firmware upgraded,do check it...The code for checking which firmware version you have is the following:
*#0000#
After you upgrade the firmware and when you enter the above mentioned code,it should show you the following:
V 04.01.0
23-05-05
RM-12
(c)Nokia

Ok,take care buddy...I hope my reply will help you...Do save the address and upgrade your firmware..And ENJOY!!!
And dnt forget to post your reply...
Cheers,
-BOBBY.

onlybobby
18-08-2005, 03:36 AM
I forgot to mention,but you should take the bill with you to the Nokia care centre,just in case they ask for it,although they shouldn't ask for the bill if your phone is still under warranty...But just to be on the safe side,take the bill with you..
Cheers,
-BOBBY

sumit1097
19-08-2005, 03:36 AM
I am also from Delhi...Do this...Go to this address:
Nokia Care,
76,Okhla Phase-3
New Delhi

Go there and just tell them that you need a software upgrade..And they will do it easily,i got my firmware upgraded from Okhla only..There might be other Nokia Care centres but i can tell you from where i upgraded mine..They have the latest (4.01) version...And if your Nokia 7710 is under warranty period,they upgrade it for absolutely free..Like i got my firmware upgraded for absolutely free of cost...
So,there you go..I hope that will help you...And do post your experience with your 7710 after you have upgraded..Ok brother?? And dnt worry,this firmware(4.01) version will solve almost all the problems that this cell has with older firmware versions...

PS: After you've got your phone's firmware upgraded,do check it...The code for checking which firmware version you have is the following:
*#0000#
After you upgrade the firmware and when you enter the above mentioned code,it should show you the following:
V 04.01.0
23-05-05
RM-12
(c)Nokia

Ok,take care buddy...I hope my reply will help you...Do save the address and upgrade your firmware..And ENJOY!!!
And dnt forget to post your reply...
Cheers,
-BOBBY.

Can you please give me the phone number of the center.

Thank you

abps
19-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks bobby...

I will go to Nokia Care next week. and upgrade my 7710.

thanks, again

.................................................. ........................................
MY WEBPAGE...for free mobile stuff
Amit Bachhawad (http://geocities.com/amit_bachhawad/)

onlybobby
21-08-2005, 03:26 PM

Thank you

Sorry sumit,i dont have the phone number of the centre...

iang27
23-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I took my 7710 to a local service centre to upgrade the firmware to the 4.01 version and guess what ?
The phone locked up/ froze/broke or whatever they want to call it when they flashed it so it is now on its way back to Nokia for repair/replacement.
Apparently it is not the first 7710 they have had to do this, be warned !!

Redterrapin
30-08-2005, 02:34 PM

Thank you
Hi, How do you get to where you can enter the code you give to check software version. :icon14:

NOOBnl
31-08-2005, 03:17 PM
First of all sorry for the bad English...

Monday i bring my Nokia 7710 to the Nokia service centre somewhere in the Netherlands.
They tell me that my 7710 is upgraded and done in less than 24 hours.
Thuesday they called me to say that they made a mistake with my phone
and it must back to Nokia... :mad: :mad:

FUCK NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE!

onlybobby
31-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi, How do you get to where you can enter the code you give to check software version. :icon14:

Buddy,just open the "Telephone" application and tap the code *#0000# to know the firmware version of your phone...

iang27
31-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I emailed Nokia 'customer care' ( Joke ) to see if they could hurry up my repair/replacement after my phone crashed during the firmware upgrade.
After a delay of 8 days before a response they suggested taking it to a nokia service centre which they kindly recommended 250 miles away to be checked for faults.
I had explained to them how the fault occured, the name of the service centre and that it was now in Nokias possesion but what was the point when they had obviously not even read my message before sending an automated response.
Well done Nokia customer care - NOT

rocky27
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
hi bobby
i called up at okhla servce center they said they have v3.0.4 version for nokia 7710 now what to do man i desperately need that update tel me how to go about it now

Rocky

harry_kush
05-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Can i download the 4.x firmware for 7710 from any website ??
i want to flash the device myself.

onlybobby
06-09-2005, 03:37 PM
hi bobby
i called up at okhla servce center they said they have v3.0.4 version for nokia 7710 now what to do man i desperately need that update tel me how to go about it now

Rocky

Hw can that be possible? I upgraded my phone from the okhla centre...They installed the v4.01 in my phone...Am surprised...May be u can try other Nokia care centres...There is another one in South Ext.part 2,u can try there...

onlybobby
06-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Can i download the 4.x firmware for 7710 from any website ??
i want to flash the device myself.

No,i'm sorry to tell u but you cant download the firmware from Nokia's web site(or from any other web site for that matter).
And neither can you flash the device yourself coz you need special hardware to flash your Nokia 7710. Its better if you take your phone to a Nokia care centre.

iang27
07-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Then they break your phone while flashing it, send it back after nearly 3 weeks with no on/off button fitted back onto the circuit board and quote another two weeks to have it repaired again !!!!!!!!!!

ren_sevilla
14-10-2006, 07:35 PM
I both ny nokia 7710 last year october 21 and my firmware version 4.10, my problem with this phone is its automatically turn off, i love this phone so much.so anyone have a solution?please email me so we can discuss more thanks a lot, my email is renerio_sevilla@amis.com

nj7
14-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I both ny nokia 7710 last year october 21 and my firmware version 4.10, my problem with this phone is its automatically turn off, i love this phone so much.so anyone have a solution?please email me so we can discuss more thanks a lot, my email is renerio_sevilla@amis.com
No solution at all. Mine was the same, and after a long story (already related is this forum), Nokia Service with vendor give my money back, because was unable to reppair the device.