View Full Version : hw to transfer calendar,note n contact to 3230?

vang
18-07-2005, 06:00 AM
I have problems transferring contacts,calendar and notes data from my old 7610 to 3230. I used Nokia PC suite, there is always error at the during transfer from 7610 phone to PC.

What other method can I used to transfer these data?

Appreciate help.

N/A
18-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Older PC Suite or the current 6.6.16 from http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite ?

What error, exactly?

vang
18-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I downloaded the latest PC suite. Calendar & Notes transferred sucessfully from PC to 3230, but there's error when transferring "Contacts". The Log just said " An error occured while transferring the following data-Contacts".

nse
20-07-2005, 09:27 PM
i don't know how to solve your pc suite problem (since i've never used it to transfer contacts... only calendar, notes, etc.)

if you're only trying to move contacts from 7610 to 3230... maybe you should just copy your contact info to the SIM, then put the SIM into the 3230, and then copy it back into 3230 phone memory. you'll lose the email addresses and anything that's not a phone number, but it's probably the easiest way (and the phones are surprisingly good at this -- ie, it'll combine all the #s of 1 person into a single listing once you transfer to the phonebook).

manta
01-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I downloaded the latest PC suite. Calendar & Notes transferred sucessfully from PC to 3230, but there's error when transferring "Contacts". The Log just said " An error occured while transferring the following data-Contacts".

If you fail to use Content Copier with contacts, you can try syncronising (use the syncronising icon in PC Suite) your contatcs to Windows Address Book from 7610. Then connect your new phone and syncronise that phone with Windows address Book and you will have your contacts in your phone.