View Full Version : HELP!! Anyway To Restore deleted files from mmc???

GodEatGod
02-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Just deleted some files by mistake. anyway to restore theM? i havent reset the phone yet

Cya
GodEatGod

raj_nokia6600
02-07-2005, 03:51 PM
9210 mmc format 2/3 time (data lost)

dukesatan
02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Only option which might work is to remove the MMC and use a PC software recovery program and see if it can find them, i did try this once without much luck, however it technically should be possible to recover the files as an MMC is FAT16 formatted, so deletion should be the normal change of first character marker and not total erasure of the file. However having said that if you have been working and saving anything else to the MMC it is highly possible the area's where the deleted files were may have been overwritten already, sorry for the bad news, but you might have some luck. If you have to do it by hand text files can normally be recored with patience, but pictures become near impossible unless the files are contigious (all in one save). When files are fragmented, recovery can be very difficult, last time i did a hand recovery was on floppy disks and took hours, bless the old atari :) One day i must get my STFM powered up again, lol.

Duke.

petr
02-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Yes, use MMC reader and some of undelete/unerase PC applications.