View Full Version : Help! How to save incoming sms back to phone?

asng
22-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I have recently installed msvdrivee.sis on my N3230 to save my sms to mmc. But by doing so I can't retrieve my old sms even if I transfer from c:\system\mail to e:\system\mail. Can someone advice how to switch back to save incoming sms to phone so that I can see all my old sms? 3230 does not have a option in setting to switch between phone & mmc.

dukesatan
23-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I have recently installed msvdrivee.sis on my N3230 to save my sms to mmc. But by doing so I can't retrieve my old sms even if I transfer from c:\system\mail to e:\system\mail. Can someone advice how to switch back to save incoming sms to phone so that I can see all my old sms? 3230 does not have a option in setting to switch between phone & mmc.

You can copy them as you state and as long as you turn the phone OFF then back on you will find your messages have moved, however if you do this after recieving a few messages they may be deleted, i'v done this many times. I think if you remove the MMC card and turn the phone on it will default back to the internal SMS on the phone memory, replacing the card then has no effect on these settings. You may need to reset the phone once you put the card back in, and to reapply the E sms settings you would have to run the program again, i'v spent alot of time playing with this and memory cards so i know it will work ;-) Happy smsing.

Duke.

asng
24-06-2005, 01:00 AM
You can copy them as you state and as long as you turn the phone OFF then back on you will find your messages have moved, however if you do this after recieving a few messages they may be deleted, i'v done this many times. I think if you remove the MMC card and turn the phone on it will default back to the internal SMS on the phone memory, replacing the card then has no effect on these settings. You may need to reset the phone once you put the card back in, and to reapply the E sms settings you would have to run the program again, i'v spent alot of time playing with this and memory cards so i know it will work ;-) Happy smsing.

Duke.

Duke thanks for the help! Will try that :)