View Full Version : Sweet 7710!

toondw
07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
A very strange thing happened to me today. The first was buying a 7710 after many negative reviews on various websites and indeed in this very forum. The second is actually deciding to put pen to paper or rather fingers to keys to type this!

For those of you who are thinking shall i shant i buy the phone, i say GET IT NOW! i have been fiddling with it for a few hours now and yes it's not the quickest in the world but by god is it fun! The screen is ..... well unless you've seen it you wont believe it. Ok OK not many games yet but the couple that came with the phone are very good, Slurp is great and rather addictive. The camera quality is much better than any other phone i've owned (and i've owned lots!). As for the letter recogniser, I've hated them in the past but this one can even pick up my scribbles without hardly a hitch, who needs a keyboard!!!??

As for the size, it's not that big actually and easily fits into a pocket (i have owned a Nokia 9500!). the sound is good, easy to set up bluetooth, video is good.

The only downside i have so far is the few keys it does have could have been used better but then again i have'nt read the instructions yet so maybe they can be changed to different functions.

Overall folks if you want something different then go for this little gem. You wont be dissapointed.

sumit1097
07-06-2005, 05:51 PM
A very strange thing happened to me today. The first was buying a 7710 after many negative reviews on various websites and indeed in this very forum. The second is actually deciding to put pen to paper or rather fingers to keys to type this!

For those of you who are thinking shall i shant i buy the phone, i say GET IT NOW! i have been fiddling with it for a few hours now and yes it's not the quickest in the world but by god is it fun! The screen is ..... well unless you've seen it you wont believe it. Ok OK not many games yet but the couple that came with the phone are very good, Slurp is great and rather addictive. The camera quality is much better than any other phone i've owned (and i've owned lots!). As for the letter recogniser, I've hated them in the past but this one can even pick up my scribbles without hardly a hitch, who needs a keyboard!!!??

As for the size, it's not that big actually and easily fits into a pocket (i have owned a Nokia 9500!). the sound is good, easy to set up bluetooth, video is good.

The only downside i have so far is the few keys it does have could have been used better but then again i have'nt read the instructions yet so maybe they can be changed to different functions.

Overall folks if you want something different then go for this little gem. You wont be dissapointed.

Hi
It looks like you are really impressed with phone and this is because you got the advanced firmware which is not available everywhere.And there are no games provided my mnokia at the time of purchase in some countries or i should say most of the countries.You are the lucky one.
Can you do one thing please attach the .sis file of the games that you have.

Take care
Bye

toondw
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Yes i just realised i have the new firmware 03.26.0. It is slow though but i can live with that. I hope you all get the new firmware soon as Nokia could be onto a winner here but only if they sort out some obvious problems in some countries. So my original mail should have said those of you in the UK that are tinking of buying it go for it!!!

AS for .sis files. how would i post them here? how do i get access to them? and more importantly is it legal? ;)

kanedypka
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Video is good?? lol yeah the phone is okay if you've got money to waste but i say the video is rubbish it just irritates me because such a good 1mp camera but useless video

Manchas
08-06-2005, 03:46 AM
I also like the phone, im using one for a month already, my firmware is 3.50, not that 3.26 everybody talks about, but maybe the number is different cause this is the one for Asia, and includes chinese language. But i have to agree that the video recording is really bad.... Maybe sometime later will be released some software that can make some better videos...

afaaqs
08-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Video is PATHETIC. Photos are good but only outdoors. Indoors dont show up to the quality. As far as firmware is concerned can somebody tell me whether my firmware needs to be upgraded or not.
Its Vp 02.08.1 dated 08.12.04. I know my phone hangs. Flaws Flaws Flaws in it.
But still I like it.

kanedypka
08-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Video is PATHETIC. Photos are good but only outdoors. Indoors dont show up to the quality. As far as firmware is concerned can somebody tell me whether my firmware needs to be upgraded or not.
Its Vp 02.08.1 dated 08.12.04. I know my phone hangs. Flaws Flaws Flaws in it.
But still I like it.

yes i'd try and update it if i were you but don't ask me how your proberly have to go to nokia shop and pay.........they might release another version soon tho so perhaps u should wait a bit

toondw
08-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I am obviously the only happy bunny in this shop window! Yes i would get the new firmware and yes you need to go to a nokia dealer to get it. Shame it can't be done over the net.

I've been playing with it for a couple of days now but obviously by the above comments i must be easily pleased.......... At least the wife is happy in that case