View Full Version : Drained battery == Dead phone ?

bestat
31-05-2005, 06:58 PM
So, after the first 3 days of having my phone the battery completely drained and then would not restart - only a blank white screen.

I contacted the place where I got it and they sent me a new battery and all has been fine for the last few months.

Well, yesterday the battery completely drained and guess what ? That's right the phone will not restart and only a blank white screen appears.

I've seen a few people mention this same issue, but nothing about how to get around it.

I've removed the battery for a good 1/2 hour and tried again, left it charging all night, nothing - same results - good old white sceeen.

I'm in the US, so no chance of support from Nokia.

Anyone else run into and know the cause/solution to this ? Aside from this and the speed its not too bad a phone, but its really starting to get on my nerves.

thanks,
Mike

afaaqs
31-05-2005, 08:07 PM
In present world speed, powerbackup, Stability and good features in a device matter most. Out of the four mentioned above Nokia 7710 has only one i.e., features. Rest of the three qualities are missing in it. And when something starts to get on to your nerves it becomes dangerous. Its right time Nokia repays its 7710 customers the money back and take this trouble machine back or replace these machines with someting which really works. We have an example of few automobile manufacturers recalling some of their models back from their customers. Why dont Nokia take a lead out of this.
I too am disoppointed with this phone.

blueredman
31-05-2005, 11:35 PM
nokia have problem with some models, one of them is 7710
when the battery is Drained => Dead phone
and charging the battery won't help, there is two solution
1). change to a new battery ->> the best solution
2). make your dead battery to work again.
this way, can harm your 7710 device/your battery and maybe won't work
(your risk, if you decide to do it - not my , don't blame me if
your manage to kill your 7710 device -phone/your battery )

take out the battery and connect it to anoter battery
like a used 9V battery (not a new one)
(+) to (+) and (-) to (-) , wait a while (not too much) or untill the battery
get warm but not hot (may explode).
put it back and now tried again, you don't have to power your phone
let it charging all night

hope it help you, do it only if you don't have a choice
your risk, if you decide to do it - not my , don't blame me if
your manage to kill your 7710 device -phone/your battery

bestat
01-06-2005, 02:00 AM
nokia have problem with some models, one of them is 7710
when the battery is Drained => Dead phone
and charging the battery won't help, there is two solution
1). change to a new battery ->> the best solution
2). make your dead battery to work again.
this way, can harm your 7710 device/your battery and maybe won't work
(your risk, if you decide to do it - not my , don't blame me if
your manage to kill your 7710 device -phone/your battery )

take out the battery and connect it to anoter battery
like a used 9V battery (not a new one)
(+) to (+) and (-) to (-) , wait a while (not too much) or untill the battery
get warm but not hot (may explode).
put it back and now tried again, you don't have to power your phone
let it charging all night

hope it help you, do it only if you don't have a choice
your risk, if you decide to do it - not my , don't blame me if
your manage to kill your 7710 device -phone/your battery

wow, I can't believe they would release a system like this. Do you have any links that you could provide that state this ? I'd like to be able to verify your response to a certain degree so when I call them I have something other 1 persons word.

I've ordered a new battery and will most likely be selling it on ebay shortly.

Thoughts on the treo 650 ? That was the other phone I was debating getting.

thanks,
Mike

320mfg
01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Thoughts on the treo 650 ? That was the other phone I was debating getting.

thanks,
Mike

I love my 7710. there are times with this phone that it hangs, restarts and closes out of programs. Nothing I haven't had with any of my other symbian based Nokia phones. I think that some aspects of this device are amazing others are amazingly flawed. Keep in mind this device is basically the first of it's kind by Nokia and hope that they make the minor or major tweaks that are needed to make the next wide screen touch operated device better.

the treo 650's i've come across have their own problems with locking up and data loss, i wouldn't point anyone to a treo over the 7710.

blueredman
01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
no i don't
i have nokia 7710 - i very happy with it
there are some bugs but i can live with that
7710 do all i need
i have the old version

Vp 02.08.1
08-12-04
RM-12

ctookey
18-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Hi Mike,
I to had a flat battery for a while. When I finally recharged it, I got blank screens. I could still dial out and recieve calls. But both screens were dead and so was the PC part.
Have you had any luck getting yours working.

Carl

krisse
24-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Its right time Nokia repays its 7710 customers the money back and take this trouble machine back or replace these machines with someting which really works.

The 7710 came with a 1 or 2 year guarantee in every territory it was released in (it wasn't released in America as far as I know).

If your 7710 breaks down, Nokia do repair or replace it free as long as the guarantee is still valid. Use the guarantee, that's what it's there for.

stk006
18-01-2007, 09:20 PM
i dont think its the batery i rekon u need 2 flash it cuz i got da same problem wid moi n-gage

it normally happens when your phone membory is full and it cant start it self