View Full Version : No Games, No Advanced Music Player

afaaqs
31-05-2005, 06:46 PM
I after a good bit of research opted for Nokia 7710. All what it does is attract people and screen getting dirty 1000 times a day. i had initially some battery issues with it. But i resolved the problem by mimimising the display brightness and shooting few pics.
It has good bit of features but most of them are not so important.
Features which are important have no advanced software supporting them.
For example., Music player is plain basic one. No bass, No Treble, No Equaliser, No Echo in it.
camera has no night mode, No potrait or thumbnail features.
Movie quality is pathetic.
Radio does now work without earphone.
Documents typed on phone do not open on Word Xp after conversion.
Cell info service rarely works.
And to add insult to the injury Nokia has not bundled any game in the phone. You have to purchase games online. The choice of games is very little.
Nokia 7710 is surely ahead of time. It needs some more time to get perfect. We fools earn :icon4: money and buy new launches from Nokia with our money only to help nokia to perfect their inventions. And we get no reward in return. Disgusting.....

kanedypka
31-05-2005, 07:36 PM
i agree i got this phone on 16 month contract but i doubt it will last 2 months. perhaps its time to cut my loses and sell it on ebay

afraydocurado
01-06-2005, 12:08 AM
you can downloda FLASH games to your mmc, and then play them through your browser

(I've heard of people doing this, but never seen it)

The reason why radio does not work without headset is because the headset acts as a antenna.

320mfg
01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Are you guys serious? this phone is great. i love it. I don't think you've done as much research as you claim. I've owned this phone for a few months programs are now becoming more available since the officail launch of the phone in the euro market. If this phone shared the same OS ver as some of the other symbian based devices we would have alot less crying on the web forums about it. I'm still running the 02.08.1 firmware on mine so i know about the issues of the device but i am still very content with my purchase and would do it again.

afaaqs
01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
My dear friend,
I am happy that you are happy with 7710. As far as my research is concerned, I did a lot of it on this phone and then opted for it. Why i opted for it was the challenge although 90% of feedback on this phone was negative. I love challenges. It was like taming a wild beast in your house with bare hands. As far as flaws in the phone are concerned, could you please redress these things like
1. When music is playing and you get a call, music player gets paused so far so good, but when the conversation ends music does not start. you have to manually do it. Is it a flaw or what.
2. You cannot insert ota pic or mono/plain ringtones in you text messages, as can be done in other high end models keeping in veiw still majority of my friends exchange ring tones and pics in these formats.
3.What to do with camera. Where is night mode.
4.Cell info / area information does not work properly. One daye its displayed and all of a sudden it vanishes although its forever switched on.
5.On Such a big display tiny caller thumbnails look insulting.
6.Conversion of docs and sheets from phone format to PC format do not work on atleast Office XP.
7.No hot buttons. Had hot buttons been there working with phone would have made life easier.
8. Instability, slow processing and battery issues are faced by everyone.
These are few of the flaws i could list at present. There are many more negetives there. Lets discuss them later.
Bye,

Afaaq

kanedypka
01-06-2005, 10:32 PM
3. get photobase app its got night mode and is pretty good i got mine free with phone but you'll prob ave to buy it which sucks.

oh and whats up with the video recorder give us a 1mp camera and then the most retarded video cam ever its utterly useless.
oh and if you let your battery die the phone dosn't work anymore *Great* oh and fanks alot nokia you gave me headphones with my phone and only 1 bloody ear piece works. oh and i only got 1 stylus said there would be 2 in packet.

why does nokia have to make there own rubbish music transfer program aswell why not make it compatible with windows media player so its easyer?

tropheus
02-06-2005, 06:54 AM
What version do you currently have? I can use documents in word or excel or ppt from 7710 and to 7710.

That bug is already fixed in the new firmware.

The rest of the things, are comming new updates.

regards

afaaqs
03-06-2005, 04:41 AM
I cant check the version. Could please tell me how to veryfy which version my phone is. All I know I bought it only one month back. Any suggestions where and how to check phone version. And if there are newer firmware versions availiable why dont Nokia website put a link to download the same. Is there any simpler wayout to upgrade your phone version availiable.

Thank you,

Afaaq

kanedypka
03-06-2005, 09:38 AM
to check virsion stick *#0000# in dialer mines v 03.26.0 which is latest i think....... does anyone know if there will be free updates or is it gunna cost us?

SwitchBlade
03-06-2005, 01:05 PM
1. When music is playing and you get a call, music player gets paused so far so good, but when the conversation ends music does not start. you have to manually do it. Is it a flaw or what.
I'd guess that's correct behaviour, theres the same gripes with the music player on the 9500/9300. I'm guessing they expected people wouldn't want the music to restart straight after a call. An option to enable/disable it in the settings would have been a good throught though.

afaaqs
03-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for helping out to know my phone version. Checked my version.... SHOCK its VP 02.08.1 built on 08.12.04. I know its an old version. I want an upgrade. But where to get dont know. Anybody among the buddys please help. GIVE ME SOME LINK. I DONT WANT TO GO TO NOKIA CENTRE. THEY WILL KEEP MY PHONE FOR ATLEAST ONE WEEK.
Also does somebody have any idea about the replacement of screen. After the use of one month with Nokia bundled Stylus two visible scratches have surfaced on my phone screen. After six months of use (Thats the maximum time I have kept any phone with me till date) i fear there will be dozens of them on my phone screen. I will not fetch a good price if screen is not changed.
Bye

afaaqs
01-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Can Somebody tell is there any MP3 player available now. I tried Superminer game on 7710. Its mind boggling and addictive. I suggest everyone to have i. it will feel u proud of ur 7710.

afaaqs
01-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Can Anyone Tell Me Is There Any New Feature Rich Mp3 Player Available For 7710. I Tried Minesweeper Game. Its Mindboggling And Addictive. I Suggest Everyone To Have It.

whaler
14-07-2005, 11:59 PM
oh and fanks alot nokia you gave me headphones with my phone and only 1 bloody ear piece works. oh and i only got 1 stylus said there would be 2 in packet.

sounds to me like you should direct your 'fanks alot' not to nokia but directly to your distributor since i got mine with 2 pens and both of my earphones work fine, tad uncomfy but they work great...:)

pierro78
01-08-2005, 10:21 PM
corrected in firmware release 4.01