View Full Version : Nokia's Response to Beep Sound

DJDrunk
15-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi

Here is The Official Nokia Response To Me via Email for The Beep Sound.

"Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

In response to your enquiry about Nokia 3230, as you have mentioned a beep is heard before ringtones and alert tones from the Nokia 3230. This is not an error, but a normal operation of the phone which has an IHF speaker close to its earpiece. The beep is designed to notify the user of the upcoming ringtone or alert tone"

Hmm Wonder what they are trying to Establish with the beep? They saying to notify the user for the ringtone or alert tone? What stupid thought The Ringtone itself is a notification.. Why do we need a Beep! :mad:

Regards
DJDrunk

Proud_Iranian
15-05-2005, 11:43 PM
basically to warn u so that u would move ur ear AWAY from the phone cause there is gonna be a loud ringtone... not to make u go deaf!

themafia.69
16-05-2005, 05:18 AM
yeah, but its pointless when the beep itself is loud ans annoying. my sister has this phone and thats one of the things i hate about it. love the phone just hate the beep, and the fact that they didnt include the option to move msgs to the memory card except by installing 3rd party software

DJDrunk
16-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Yea, Wonder why Nokia included this so called baseless feature, If it Really is a feature There should be a option to turn it On or Off.. Hate the beep plus their own wireless headset not working fine with the phone!

Adios
DJDrunk

stephlyons77
16-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Well this is a bit of a joke cause I had a completely different response from Nokia regarding the "beep" sound! Here it is:

Thank you for contacting the Club Nokia Careline.

With regard to your e-mail concerning the Nokia 3230, we can advise you that the
"beeping" you are referring to is something which seems to have been added to
the handset by O2 and due to this there is no option to allow you to change or
turn this feature off.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Either way they aren't good responses.

I'm quite peeved actually - even though theres other snags they haven't bothered me but this beep is actually spoiling my enjoyment of my new phone. I've 7 more days to return and I'm seriously considering it.

Proud_Iranian
17-05-2005, 02:21 AM
Hey since u guys have contacted nokia... please contact them about the dust settling under the screen... and tell them what the solution, cause taking ur phone to Nokia every 2 weeks is not an option! thnx! :)

DJDrunk
17-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Well this is a bit of a joke cause I had a completely different response from Nokia regarding the "beep" sound! Here it is:

Thank you for contacting the Club Nokia Careline.

With regard to your e-mail concerning the Nokia 3230, we can advise you that the
"beeping" you are referring to is something which seems to have been added to
the handset by O2 and due to this there is no option to allow you to change or
turn this feature off.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Very Ironic indeed... According to them All Service providers in the World Started the beep bug heh.. They Should accept it as a Bug rather than explaining like this.

Everyday I find something new which is wrong in phone just now i found that the Volume control sometimes goes weird like even if the volume is at One level or at full level there is no difference in loudness, I have to restart the phone then It is Normal.

Nokia 3230
Fun Finds Serious, Serious Finds Bugs!

Regards
DJDrunk

dominator
17-05-2005, 06:06 PM
off:
I just dont get it that doesnt nokia freaking understand that the beep is totally a huge mistake!! :mad: :mad: I am registered in other forums and aloooot of ppl really hate the freaking beep all over the world!!

zainman
17-05-2005, 06:12 PM
i don't think its a feature, they just tried to fool you

gaurav_sobti
28-07-2005, 06:20 AM
yeah, but its pointless when the beep itself is loud ans annoying. my sister has this phone and thats one of the things i hate about it. love the phone just hate the beep, and the fact that they didnt include the option to move msgs to the memory card except by installing 3rd party software

the fact that they didnt include the option to move msgs to the memory card except by installing 3rd party software ??

i would be very thankful if you can provide me from where i can get third party software to move Msg to memory card ??

karrun2001
29-07-2005, 06:26 PM
does this beep sound even occur when the phone is in silent/vibrate mode???

stephlyons77
30-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Thankfully not karrun2001 - or else I definitely would have thrown the damn thing out the window by now!

Rich_uk
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
as I've mentioned in another post, if this is a new warning feature, why doesn't every other nokia phone released after the 3230 also feature this??

also, what email address did you use to contact nokia? the club nokia one i used on the website didn't get me an answer at all??

Utenteanonimo64
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
You just have to realise that Nokia is a very very very very very very arrogant company. Their products are usually good but they are the most arrogant company I have ever had to deal with. They design products to please operators, service providers, the FCC, the unions, god, the devil or anyone else BUT THEIR REAL CUSTOMERS.

UA

Rich_uk
03-08-2005, 06:21 PM
as mentioned, there's no beep in silent mode, but there isn't even a vibrate in silent mode for sms alerts!!

if the phone is set to a low volume and the sms alert set to one beep, the phone will make the annoying beep first, louder than the beep set by the user. this is just a nonesence!!!

bigdrunk
05-08-2005, 09:23 AM
I was messing about and in general>personalize there is a warning tone on/off option. That looks like it might do the trick.

Rich_uk
05-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I was messing about and in general>personalize there is a warning tone on/off option. That looks like it might do the trick.
na, thats not it. makes no difference on mine

rashpimplezits
30-04-2007, 12:13 PM
someone who knows how to hexedit compare the general profile and the silent profile and try to remove the warning

ratza
02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Warning tone is not affected by editing profiles. It will always appear, except in silent profile, but in this case nothing can be heard.

sandy_rusher_24
04-05-2007, 02:42 AM
whoooohoohooo!!!! ratza that was cool n3230 "pants down" and may be some one come up with "Connecting pants":tongue: About the beep, yeah!!! that is surely a bug or why have they(nokia panties) tried to reduce the noise level of beep in firmware v5.0604???

ratza
04-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Nokia guys might say that the beep is not a bug, but a feature.

lazirsuy
16-05-2007, 05:55 AM
i love the beep sound...
so that i can pick up the phone before it start ringging loudly...

the beep sound is usefull to alert me while i'm holding the phone...
while the ringging tones is usefull to alert me when i left my phone somewhere else...

don't you guys think so?

ratza
16-05-2007, 06:55 AM
I would say no. That beep was annoying me since the very first day I had the 3230. I would've been nice to have at least an option to turn it off.