View Full Version : Sending files to 3230 MMC via bluetooth

carington
30-04-2005, 04:16 AM
I have just got a blutooth dongle for my PC, I can transfer mp3 files directly into my inbox using the object push method but thats my phones memory, the file i want to transfer is 4mb so it keeeps saying its full.
How can I send files from my PC to the MMC on my phone

N/A
30-04-2005, 05:32 AM
With PC Suite and the "Phone Browser" feature of it: http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

carington
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have downloaded and installed PC suite 6.5.12 and tried to configure it to work with my BT dongle. I am using IVT corp Blue Soleil 1.4.9 BT software. When I try and configure I get the choice touse the bluetooth (blue Soleil) stack, when I selct it and proceed I then get the message "can not use the connection type check all needed hardware, software and drivers are available".
Any ideas on what to do to get it working.
Any help appreciated.

ken1300
09-05-2005, 07:34 AM
quite pity to you carington, as i'm also having exactly the same problem as yours, therefore very hope u can get reply on this....anyone????

N/A
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Do you have Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2)? If so, uninstall the drivers you got with the Bluetooth dongle and try the SP2 built-in drivers, instead.

Otherwise, check with the dongle manufacturer for newer drivers.

Note that there is no "generic" Bluetooth support that's the same for all Bluetooth devices, PC Suite has support for Bluetooth drivers from Microsoft, WidComm, Toshiba and the ancient DigiAnswer. Most Bluetooth device manufacturers rely on WidComm, and nowadays also quite often for WinXP for Microsoft's built-in drivers in SP2.

carington
09-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I have managed to get it all working. I installed XP SP2 and the windows bluetooth stack was available in the config screen for PC Suite but it still didn't work. I eventually found a newer version of the Blue Soleil software at the link below:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_ten.php?UID=354&kind=8
Once installed I was able to choose the blue soleil bluetooth stck in PC suite and connect successfully.
Hope it helps. :)