View Full Version : landline calls misinterpreted as data calls

budanatr
05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
As of 4 days ago all landline calls to my 6260 are misinterpreted by the phone as data calls and I cannot answer them. There is nothing I have changed. It just started happening. Calls from other mobiles come through just fine. I am using O2 as my provider. I put my SIM card in another mobile and it works fine. This problem is only with the 6260.

Any solution?

Thank you
Jon

kaaring
17-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi, I have a 6230 and it's been out of the UK twice, to France last month and Belgium/Holland this weekend. I can make calls out, send and receive emails, WAP and text in and out, but cannot receive ANY calls satisfactorily - they all come up as being data calls, which are unanswerable. If the caller leaves a message I have to pay to pick it up as well as calling them back.

Putting my sim card in a friend's phone resulted in that phone being able to receive calls perfectly well, so it's not a problem with my sim card. The phone/software is the problem.

Last month Orange UK fobbed me off saying it was a temporary network problem in France, but this time when they tried it again this weekend I refused to accept it as I can call out and the network was strong. The first call I made to them resulted in me being told that I needed 3 sim updates, which they would send but which still have not arrived 2 1/2 days later. My second call was a stalemate - no sim updates are applicable so it must be a network problem, although it clearly isn't. The third call ended up with them promising to get a fix and perhaps I should contact Nokia, so I am.

I am extremely angry that a phone I bought specifically for travel does not work abroad and that Orange now admit there's some sort of problem with the 6230 (and one of the 5xxx series, I can't remember which) when taken out of the UK. Although their logo is on the phone they really don't seem to care at all.

The firmware (*#0000#) is v 04.44, dated 21-09-04, with RH-12 and GSM P1.1.

I would really appreciate any assistance with getting this problem fixed as otherwise I will simply ditch the phone for something that will actually work.

I am very loyal to Nokia but at this rate...

Thanks for any leads!