View Full Version : ~*~What Font Does NOKIA Use ?~*~

dhanesh
30-03-2005, 07:17 PM
wuz juz wondering ... what font does nokia use ? i mean the name of the font .. i tried .. but i guess my knowledge isnt that enuf to search resources .. any inputs ?

i was trying to convert the fonts in my 6260 so wanted to keep rest of all the fonts same .. only change the menu and options fonts ... so to keep rest of all the fonts same i need the name of the font nokia uses ...

Thankx in advance ..

dhanesh
01-04-2005, 07:25 AM
*Blink* * Bilink* ... 2 days nd no one ? .. sheesh .. sorry for being a pain lol .. but does NO one know what font NOKIA uses ? or even if i could get the .ttf file of the font nokia uses .. i would be greatful ...

thankx

N/A
01-04-2005, 07:33 AM
"Nokia Sans" (Nokia's own font).

dhanesh
01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
aww cool .. thankx .. m on the search for that font now .. but incase i dunt find it ... is there another font that is same like nokia sans ?? as in all the same ascii characters and stuff ... i tried arial but the EURO sign dosent show up ... any ideas ?

thankx

P.S Any one has the Nokia Sans Font ?

N/A
01-04-2005, 09:51 AM
The fonts that the phone uses are on the phone already (in Z:\System\Fonts as EPOC/Symbian font format files, .gdr): http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/v70sdocs/doc_source/ToolsAndUtilities/FileConversionUtilities/Tool_Guide_Fonts.guide.html

dhanesh
01-04-2005, 11:10 AM
aight ... so i checked the fonts folder in z:\system\Fonts ... i have the following files :

Browsereur.gdr
CalcEur.gdr
Ceurope.gdr

i also checked the link u gave me .. its about coversion utilities for gdr fonts ..

Well i hope ur aware of a software called the Easy GDR Creator ... its a simple proggy to convert .TTF font files to .GDR files for nokia ... aight .. now the thing is i have this font that is kinda too stylish and cannot be used for the SMS input or menu character for reading ... I wana use that as the Headings and rest i want the original nokia font ... Is this possible ..
The above files i listed r i duno what files ... cause m a lil n00b in system files right now ... but i guess those r font files that nokia uses in europe .. shessh .. ok ..
Could i convert from .GDR to .TTF ??

i hope you got my problem .. hope you can help ... just hoping that changin the fonts on a phone isnt illegal ...

Thankx again N/A

dhanesh
01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
aight ... i guess i finally got what i wanted ... i over looked this option while converting the font ... ascii / unicode .. no wonder i had a lil less options of symbols ..

Sorry for all that trouble .. m attaching the file i made .. hope u ppl would like it ...

1) d'load the file .. UNZIP and send to phone (via cable or bluetooth)
2) use fexplorer and create a folder [ c:\system\Fonts ]
3) copy the "samver.gdr" to the Fonts folder you just created.
4) restart

5) to remove : use font remover or just rename the file removing the .gdr extension and delete the folder

qhe_pit
20-04-2005, 12:04 AM
aight ... i guess i finally got what i wanted ... i over looked this option while converting the font ... ascii / unicode .. no wonder i had a lil less options of symbols ..

Sorry for all that trouble .. m attaching the file i made .. hope u ppl would like it ...

1) d'load the file .. UNZIP and send to phone (via cable or bluetooth)
2) use fexplorer and create a folder [ c:\system\Fonts ]
3) copy the "samver.gdr" to the Fonts folder you just created.
4) restart

5) to remove : use font remover or just rename the file removing the .gdr extension and delete the folder

hi bro,i did all as you instructed but nothing happen, :frown: .It still the same tiny font

boeds
19-10-2006, 06:59 AM
As subjected,

I need the nokia fonts, nokia sans or rotis sans.

I would be very grateful if anyone would share it.

ginni07
20-02-2007, 09:50 PM
could you please tell me how do i make the font a bit bigger on nokia 6630?