View Full Version : Using phone with calls switched off

Bobbo
20-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I was sitting in a hospital waiting room this week where there were signs saying mobile phones could not be used(could also apply to airplanes),and wondered if it was possible to turn off incoming and outgoing calls whilst leaving the other functions available.
It would have made the time go a lot faster if I could have played games, watched videos, or listened to mp3's
Hope this makes sense.
Bobbo.

qhe_pit
21-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I was sitting in a hospital waiting room this week where there were signs saying mobile phones could not be used(could also apply to airplanes),and wondered if it was possible to turn off incoming and outgoing calls whilst leaving the other functions available.
It would have made the time go a lot faster if I could have played games, watched videos, or listened to mp3's
Hope this makes sense.
Bobbo.

maybe you can go to settings->network.Change the network setting to manual.Then restart the phone.After the phone finishes booting,it will not have any network on it.When you go out from the hospital,simply change back the network setting to automatik...and you're on! :D

Unplugged
21-02-2005, 01:45 AM
No because theres still network communication while its searching for the list of networks available for you to access.

dansansome
21-02-2005, 08:53 AM
i think there is a psiloc app that enables a flight mode on a s60 phone. you have to reboot and it stops the phone's OS from booting properly and replaces it with a similar looking menu system, but without the network connection. i cant remember the name of the app, but you should find it at www.psiloc.com

edit: heres a direct link http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?id=161

its called psiloc system tools ;)

N/A
21-02-2005, 09:03 AM
And with some of the newer Series 60 phones (or N-Gage), just select the "Offline" profile.

Bobbo
21-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the help,will report back if I get it to work.

Bobbo

qhe_pit
22-02-2005, 12:35 AM
well,i am using that method and it seem working well for me, :)