View Full Version : Application installed but cant find the exe in the phone

24-10-2002, 04:32 AM
installed the Helloworld.sis(from Examples of Series 60 SDK) files into my 7650 using an IrDA connection .the application was installed and also it shows in "Tools ->Manager " that the application is installed but cannot find it anywhere.it has not gone into the extras folder or the application folder as specified by Nokia documents and SDK.I am using an chinese 7650, is that the reason for this error,though i have already specified the language in the pkg file as chinese.

MaleBuffy
24-10-2002, 10:54 AM
There is not exe file, look for an .app file ! you can see where the file is copied in your 7650 by opening the .pkg file with notepad! there should be the copy path of the app and rsc files :D

tvoung
24-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Is IR different then?
Example when I send via Bluetooth everything goes to the Messaging bit and says
Bluetooth message (they look different too) >>> Open >>> Install

MaleBuffy
24-10-2002, 12:55 PM
IR is the Same as BT! Both go the the Inbox! However once they are installed they spread in the phone! The location where every file goes is in the .PKG file!

tvoung
24-10-2002, 02:24 PM
hey on mine after install they go to the menu and can then be moved to games or tools folder

Tsunami_Hiroshima
25-10-2002, 11:20 PM
Ravi,

I had the exact same problem when I first compiled the HelloWorld.sis.

I used C++ from visual studio, but remember an error message during the makesis compilation, something along the lines of 'you should be running service pack 3'.

SP5 (130MB) is available for download on microsofts website.

Let us know how you get on, I haven't had a chance to install sp5 yet, or to try the HelloWorld example again.

<<< assuming that you are using MS C++, if not just flame me :I