View Full Version : How connect to internet via GPRS - OSX

Nitro-racer
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I have a powerbook G4 with OSX 10.3.6 and I try to connect to Internet via GPRS from my 6260.

I just get a message that ”can not open a RFCOMM-serial port”

Is the script Nokia GPRS CID1 the correct script to use?

Can anyone help me to set up my phone to connect to internet?

rowlands
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. I have a PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz running 10.3.8 I have recently been traveling and have missed this feature. (it used to work with my old T610, but then so did so many other things).

If anyone can get this to work, I would be delighted to know how.

cue
04-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I have the exact same problem and haven't found any solution yet. I'm able to transfer files and connect to this phone via BT, but using GPRS always dies with that error message.

Has anyone solved this yet?

Nitro-racer
09-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I have updated the software in my phone, and now I can connect via GPRS.
But the GPRS "cut" after a couple of hours, and then I have to restart the phone to connect again.
I have sent the phone to repair again, and I will come back with more info when it comes back.

PS. Use "Nokia Infrared" as a modem. It's the only one who worked for me.

Nitro-racer
11-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi again!
I have recived my 6260 again, and the software (firmware) is updated one more time.
I get connection with Internet via GPRS, but when I close the connection I have to turn the phone on and off to get connected again.

It seems like the problem is in the phone because it does not work if I retstart my mac. I have updated to OSX 10.3.8, but it did not help.

This is very frustrating!!! I use the GPRS several times a day, and it should not be necessary to restart the phone for every time I get my e-mail...

I bought the phone for the purpose of using GPRS, and this is the WORST phone I ever had!!!
I miss my T630:frown:

robmac
15-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi,
try this application:
http://www.novamedia.de/index.html
you can surely solve all your connection problems. Try the demo version, that runs only gsm connection. The only change I had applied is to cancel username and password under network preferences in the bluetooth modem tab, and also insert *99# in the telephone number tabhttp://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=219026#
Hi again!
I have recived my 6260 again, and the software (firmware) is updated one more time.
I get connection with Internet via GPRS, but when I close the connection I have to turn the phone on and off to get connected again.

It seems like the problem is in the phone because it does not work if I retstart my mac. I have updated to OSX 10.3.8, but it did not help.

This is very frustrating!!! I use the GPRS several times a day, and it should not be necessary to restart the phone for every time I get my e-mail...

I bought the phone for the purpose of using GPRS, and this is the WORST phone I ever had!!!
I miss my T630:frown: :)