View Full Version : mp3

madmark
04-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Slowly im beginning to pick up alot of good information on here due to yu guys which im very greatful for. Now the the next thing i would be thankful for knowing is if theres anyway of converting the mp3 to stereo as it is in mono, ive seen afew mp3 players available to install on the phone but unsure whether any of them carry the stereo sound.
Thanks... :)

dhanesh
05-02-2005, 09:46 AM
MP3 PLAYBACK IN 6260 CANNOT BE CHANGED TO STEREO ! .. lol pheww .. i had to literally dig the net up to find my answers .. but unfortunately no software is capable of doin that .. its a hardware issue ..
unless sumone comes up with the device drivers for mp3 stereo playback .. as i saw in sum forum ... so quit ur hopes .. nokia will never do us a favour :mad:

zak_spede
07-02-2005, 12:09 PM
MP3 PLAYBACK IN 6260 CANNOT BE CHANGED TO STEREO ! .. lol pheww .. i had to literally dig the net up to find my answers .. but unfortunately no software is capable of doin that .. its a hardware issue ..
unless sumone comes up with the device drivers for mp3 stereo playback .. as i saw in sum forum ... so quit ur hopes .. nokia will never do us a favour :mad:

Hmmm. As I understood it, the problem was not the lack of device drivers but the fact that the DAC used for MP3 playback simply isn't capable of stereo sound reproduction. The FM radio does produce stereo output since it has a dedicated chip for the purpose. :frown:

ervin_hu
19-02-2005, 05:08 AM

Hi :)

Not only the mono mp3 output is the problem.
The nokia 6260 mp3 output is wronger than phone sound quality (no bass, no treble, only ca. 1k-8kHz, and distortion).
And I dont can change the volume of mp3 sound (only nothing, or max. sound is possible). :frown:

is it only my problem with my mobile, or is it a nokia 6260 series failure?
Ervin