View Full Version : N-gage's Raiskinen promoted, new N-gage supremo in place

krisse
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Ilkka Raiskinen, until now head of Nokia's Games division, has been promoted to head the entire Nokia Multimedia division (which Games is a part of). Replacing Raiskinen as head of Games is Gerard Wiener, a games industry veteran who joined Nokia as part of a deal with Sega last year which included the purchase of Sega's Online divison, the SNAP network and Pocket Kingdom (which runs on SNAP). In an interview at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/02/news_6117799.html) after the reshuffle Wiener sounded particularly rugged and upbeat, contrasting the strong support Nokia is providing the N-gage with the lack of support Sega gave the ill-fated Dreamcast: "The N-Gage will be here for as long as it takes. I remember the sickening feeling I got during the Dreamcast era when I was at Sega, and this situation isn't the same. Every time we get hit, we learn more, and it just makes us stronger."

funkyflea
09-02-2005, 03:29 AM
[cant remember my damn login for here its been so long.... hey krisse.]

this has to be one of the most interesting interviews to date, a thoroughly thoroughly enjoying read, and one which I must say, made me feel a WHOLE lot more confident about the future of Nokia's 'once' ill-fated N-gage brand.

krisse
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
[cant remember my damn login for here its been so long.... hey krisse.]

this has to be one of the most interesting interviews to date, a thoroughly thoroughly enjoying read, and one which I must say, made me feel a WHOLE lot more confident about the future of Nokia's 'once' ill-fated N-gage brand.

Yeah... it sounds like N-gage has its own version of Nintendo America's "Reggie"... :tongue: