View Full Version : ~*~Weird Error~*~

dhanesh
22-01-2005, 12:04 PM
I tried sending the contacts.cdb file from my 6260 via infrared to the pc and it shows me the error " CANNOT SEND COPYRIGHT PROTECTED ITEMS" ... What does this mean ? and how can i send this 1 specific file to the pc and then transfer it back to the phone after i format the phone .. :con?

Thankx in advance ..

dhanesh
22-01-2005, 12:15 PM
ok i saw the earlier post for midi sharing and the closed content list ... so is there a way to get past this ? .. i mean like removing the read only access from the phone and transfering stuff ? please teme there is .. cause if there aint .. then whats the poin of havin a file manager when u cant move or transfer important system files :con?

rowlands
25-01-2005, 09:15 PM
the quick and dirty way around it is to rename the file and change the file extension, the longer method is to get an application called 'FExplorer'.

zainman
26-01-2005, 06:33 AM
FExplorer isnt really a long way u know.. its a MUST have application for any series 60 devices and is probably the most widely used application..

dhanesh
27-01-2005, 01:48 PM
the quick and dirty way around it is to rename the file and change the file extension, the longer method is to get an application called 'FExplorer'.

Rename the file ? .. u mean using fexplorer ? i tried sending a file using fexplorer as is through bluetooth. DOSENT WORK :frown: ... I even tried using FileMan .. lol .. that dosent help either ...
Is there any way to disable the DRM security ? renaming the file wont help i guess ..
Any more ideas ?

rowlands
29-01-2005, 11:43 AM
renaming the file is how I was able to send midi files from 6260 to another phone, its almost as if there is a block only on files that have the file name extension .mid