View Full Version : Would you Recommend it.

Hubbabagorg
18-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I am wondering weather to get this phone (or the 6670). I have heard of stories about design faults e.g. squeaking or it not closing properly etc. I was wondering would you recommend this phone, thanks in advance.

fannypad
18-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I've used a couple of 6260's, and both were absolutely abysmal.

Build quality is non-existant, the whole phone feels like it fell out of a kinder egg.

Battery life is poor, as it uses a smaller battery than most other Series 60 devices.

And the software bugs are numerous; just check this forum.

Get the 6670, or better still the 6630 for its lightning fast CPU and stereo output.

nokya
21-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I am wondering weather to get this phone (or the 6670). I have heard of stories about design faults e.g. squeaking or it not closing properly etc. I was wondering would you recommend this phone, thanks in advance.

i have to disagree, i read a lot of bad stuff but after i got it i was well impressed.

very stylish phone, loads of features inc radio mp3 player etc, the few glitches there are shud be solved with a software upgrade so i say go for it

rowlands
25-01-2005, 09:34 PM
At the moment I am getting very pissed off with the phone... Here is my 2

Good Points:
Nice screen
Nice Keypad
Fits well in my hand
can run software on it
Can add memory
Watch movies on it
Listen to the Radio
Listen to MP3s
e-mail client is the best I have seen (except Blackberry)

Bad Points:
Crashes
Get errors when I receive text messages
Bluetooth really sucks, simply won't send to some devices that my other Bluetooth equipment will send to.
My Nokia Bluetooth headset works better with my friends SE than it does with my 6260, in that I mean voice quality. When I use it my voice is very distorted, when he uses it his voice is crystal clear.
Battery seems to last for 2 days at a push.

Unless I can get some of my problems sorted soon, I am going to take it back and swap it for something else.

paulpenny
27-01-2005, 01:49 PM
At the moment I am getting very pissed off with the phone... Here is my 2

Bad Points:
Battery seems to last for 2 days at a push.

do many people really find that they can't get to a plug to charge their phone for more than a day at a time? :con? I just charge it overnight or in the car or when i am at my desk. seems easy enough.

dhanesh
27-01-2005, 01:57 PM
i really dunt get the point of havin a stereo FM and mono MP3 .. hope sum smart guy comes up with a program to trick the mp3 player as an fm application or sumthing too wizzy n smart enuf ..
rest all the phone rox :D .. i love it !

rowlands
29-01-2005, 12:45 PM
do many people really find that they can't get to a plug to charge their phone for more than a day at a time? :con? I just charge it overnight or in the car or when i am at my desk. seems easy enough.

It the inconvenience, I do a lot of traveling (not in a car) and when I am traveling I use the cell phone a lot more, I have left it charging over night, been using it and have the battery die on me the following day. I wish I had checked the details before purchasing as 2 hours talk time is becoming too short for me.