View Full Version : ECFMSERV.EXE problem, Recorder problem

acg
28-08-2001, 11:44 AM
Has anyone experienced problems with ECFMSERV.EXE in PC Suite? If you have, you know that it doesn't let you see the contents of your 9210 on your PC. ANy ideas? I have tried removing, reinstalling (1.0 and 1.0.1) and replacing the file itself but no luck. Replacing the file changes the error from a memory referencing to a missing DLL (Wswitch).

Also, have you experienced skipping in Recorder every 5-6 seconds in the hi quality mode? Any luck there?

I use 3.18. btw, is there a 3.56 out or is it a typo that I have seen in another site? I know of 3.54 only.

Thanks,

ACG

PS. Sudden power off. You know about it, right? Any luck with newer versions of the firmware?

PS. Great site Rafe)

Rafe
29-08-2001, 09:06 AM
AFAIK only 3.54 is out. I know typos are possible I've done it several times myself so it is perfectly possible!

I think 3.54 will fix most of your problems (definetely the recorder ones so I'm told). Out of curiosity why use high quality - I'm not sure it makes that much of a noticeable difference.

I know that connectivity and problems in gerneral are reduced when using 3.54

Rafe

acg
29-08-2001, 09:39 AM
Thanks Rafe.

I will be upgrading to 3.54 ASAP.

ACG

Colin
30-09-2001, 07:34 PM
Hello,

you must deinstall PC suite an then manually deleting the NOKIA-Keys on regedit, then boot the system again and install PC Suite....now it works!!!!
[addsig]

01-10-2001, 12:00 AM
mmmm!.... and what's regedit, Colin?

Rafe
01-10-2001, 09:14 AM
If your planning on upgrading soon you may want to hold off a week or two since 3.77 is due out very soon.

Regedit is the editing of the registry of windows. Type regedit in the windows run box to see. BUT DONT DO ANYTHING unless you know what you are doing or are following good instructions...