View Full Version : Vodafone UK - Has anyone got their unlock code yet???

The_Fellowship
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Has anyone who requested an unlock code for their Nokia 6630 from Vodafone UK received it yet?

Thanks

willbrady
10-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Found this on a google search.
It says it's freeware so I guess it is ok to post it here.
Might help you guys..

Will

daywalker
10-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Found this on a google search.
It says it's freeware so I guess it is ok to post it here.
Might help you guys..

Will

dont think it will work as apparently u can not remotly unlock yr 6630

BigladUK
10-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi,

Has anyone who requested an unlock code for their Nokia 6630 from Vodafone UK received it yet?

Thanks

Got off the phone from Vodaphone about 4 hours ago and they are still singing the same song. " We are waiting for Nokia to Generate the Unlock codes ".

Bunch of muppets.

Simon

Unplugged
11-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Latest flashers are supposidly starting to support this phone.

I may have to take it to some dodgy market stall and hopefully slavage my £20 back from Vodafone.

The_Fellowship
11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I got the same back from Vodafone CS. I've called them loads of times and yet each time I call I always get "There's no record of you requesting the un-lock code" lol

Does anyone know the DCT and ASIC for the Nokia 6630? Also, if anyone does manage to unlock their handsets through a non-Vodafone way could they please post how...thanks :)

The_Fellowship
16-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Just got off the phone to Vodafone CS. They reckon they are STILL waiting for Nokia to supply the unlock codes. I had a bit of a moan at the guy coz I've been waiting since Dec 9th! I told him I wasn't gonna pay the £20 and he said you have to have a word with the accounts dept. Had a chat with them and they have said they will credit me the £20 once I have the code. Apparently it's an automatic charge, so you'll get charged once they give u the code. I'd avise anyone else who's been waiting ages to have a moan at them and tell them you're not satisfied with their service and you're not prepared to pay the £20.

I know it doesn't get the code any quicker...but at least you won't have to pay for it if/when it does arrive :redface:

Utenteanonimo64
16-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I have just one thing to say: BOICOTT VODAFONE! If TIM can sell an unlocked, no contract and fully functional 6630 for 330 euro then Vodafone should be able to do the same or ten times better!

UA

error
16-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi,

I also have a 6630 which is locked to Vodafone (Ireland) and I can guarantee you that at the same time that Vodafone or even before they can give you the code, that it will possible to unlock for free.

I think you should wait and see if they can be unlocked for free before you give Vodafone your hard earned money.

I'm sure most ppl here can unlock Nokias via calculator and if you can't I will give you the codes as soon as they are free.

Lenepyhe
16-01-2005, 10:46 PM
And does anyone know the expected date for these new codes?

willbrady
16-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Getting another 6630 in he office on Monday - this one will be locked to Voda.
I'll let you know when it's been cracked ;)

Wil

Eltoroeire
17-01-2005, 05:02 AM
If you get your vodafone unlocked and then get a firmware update will the network lock not be replaced? Seems like a waste of time if thats the case cos we“re all going to have to get updates sooner or later. When all this calms down in a few weeks and they“ve got it as good as they can...
I“m seriously considering just going to a nokia centre and getting a flash of the generic software there. They“ll give you a 90 day warranty even if your own is voided by taking off the voda stuff. Can flash it again in 3 months thus keeping up the warranty.. What say you chaps???

The_Fellowship
17-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Where can you get a generic firmaware flashed on to your phone in the UK? Is it available already? How much does it cost?

Not sure if using an existing valid unlock code will work on an updated Vodafone firmware...

fannypad
17-01-2005, 12:50 PM
It's all a load of bollocks init. I'm going to give my phone to the seven fingered tramp down the road, convert to Buddhism, go live in the outer Hebrides and spend my days whipping my own bare back with a birch branch.

Unplugged
17-01-2005, 10:06 PM
If you get your vodafone unlocked and then get a firmware update will the network lock not be replaced? Seems like a waste of time if thats the case cos we“re all going to have to get updates sooner or later. When all this calms down in a few weeks and they“ve got it as good as they can...
I“m seriously considering just going to a nokia centre and getting a flash of the generic software there. They“ll give you a 90 day warranty even if your own is voided by taking off the voda stuff. Can flash it again in 3 months thus keeping up the warranty.. What say you chaps???

No once unlocked your phone remains unlocked upgrading the software will not relock it. And seeing te Warranty is with Nokia and not Vodafone it doesent make much difference.

Also you probaly wont find many sevice points that will flash our phone with Generic Software.

jonvision
19-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, this apply to vodafone sweden but it should not be that big of a difference.

I have been in contact with vodafone stores, vodafone customer service and nokia careline. No solution so far but some information.

The unlock codes depends on the sim-card and are not anything that nokia has anything to do with. All codes from vodafone should be in their possesion. As the only code that nokia has is the security code 12345 which is deffault in all nokia phones.

The service store can't put in the generic version unless the unlock code has been applied. They have a computer which does the job for them, so with vodafone you get vodafone.

The guess from the Nokia support person was that all locks to vodafone comes from the sim-card when you start your phone for the first time.

Vodafone in sweden says that they don't have any codes and redirects me to vodafone stores. They say that they just distibute the phones and redirects me back to the support.

Now I will try to return the phone with full refund + money for the nokia discount I had which only was valid in december for a few days. If they say no, which i guess they will. Then I can turn to a swedish consumers organisation and hope that they think that vodafone is wrong.

I don't mind the lock to the vodafone sim-card, it is all the software limitations I don't like. And they didn't tell me this when I bought the phone, so I think that is false marketing. And they have downgraded the memorycard from 64MB to 32MB, which I also wasn't informed about. Maybe that makes a case, if not everything is as usual, or maybe they will think that I am right against vodafone. Then probably more consumers will follow.

This is sweden and I don't know if everything is the same in the U.K but i don't think nokia do it any other way elsewhere. And if that is the case, then vodafone has the unlock codes, because they generated them.

sorry for any crappy english that may accur.

/jon

Unplugged
19-01-2005, 05:02 PM
The unlock codes depends on the sim-card and are not anything that nokia has anything to do with. All codes from vodafone should be in their possesion. As the only code that nokia has is the security code 12345 which is deffault in all nokia phones.

No some nokias are preset to lock to the first sim that is placed in them you see a message saying "Sim Restriction On" I think orange still use this method but not Vodafone as the first sim plaed in my Voda 6630 was an Orange Sim.

[QUOTE=jonvision]
The guess from the Nokia support person was that all locks to vodafone comes from the sim-card when you start your phone for the first time.
[quote]

The phone is locked not the sim if the sim was locked then you will be unable to use it in any other phone. This is not the case.

SIM number is also not a factor in locking. The phones can be programmed to lock to a particular sim but if you place another voda simcard into your phone you should find it function fine.
[quote]

And I object to ANY locking and branding on the phone do as when the contractis up the handset belongs to me and I find it disgusting that I have to pay for unlock codes to use my handset wheverever, howerver, and whatever way I wish.

The codes are given to Vodafone by Nokia and are geenerated by a mix of the IMEI and Vodafones Network Code. Voda then store these ar calc them later on at request.

Whatever is happening is a failure to provide codes from nokia or vodafone delibratly delaying requesting these codes from nokia. It seems to be effecting oly vodafone because ive seen posts where people HAVE got unlock codes from their provider.

Eltoroeire
29-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Vodafone are a bunch of tossers who read 1984 and thought it was a management seminar!

Regarding codes, they don“t have any. They thought they“d be so fucking smart and lock the phones real tight that they can“t even open them themselves.
They gave me codes about 2 weeks ago that obviously didn“t work and then told me to send the phone into them so they“d unlock it.
But once they got it, they told me I“d have to wait about 2 weeks for them to get the codes. That was yesterday or the day before. Can“t remember, I“m on a shift of nights this week and can“t remember which way my arse faces.
Well I told them to stuff it; I wanted my money back, and to cancel my account. Perfectly within my rights to do so. They sold me something that doesn“t do what they said it does. i.e. work on other networks. Initially I was told it would take 5 days to get my code. This was in the shop. HA!
So they mulled on it and said they“d give me a vanilla fone straight away. Well on Monday.
So, I urge everyone with a vodafone model to do the same. Stuff their capricious branding up their fucking arses and demand a generic model. The more that do it the more it will hurt them and the less likely the“ll be in the future to be so trigger happy with their crap invasive branding.

whoever mentioned an anti voda website is definitely on to something. I, for one will help.

Rant Over......

fannypad
29-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Vodafone are a bunch of tossers who read 1984 and thought it was a management seminar!

Regarding codes, they don“t have any. They thought they“d be so fucking smart and lock the phones real tight that they can“t even open them themselves.
They gave me codes about 2 weeks ago that obviously didn“t work and then told me to send the phone into them so they“d unlock it.
But once they got it, they told me I“d have to wait about 2 weeks for them to get the codes. That was yesterday or the day before. Can“t remember, I“m on a shift of nights this week and can“t remember which way my arse faces.
Well I told them to stuff it; I wanted my money back, and to cancel my account. Perfectly within my rights to do so. They sold me something that doesn“t do what they said it does. i.e. work on other networks. Initially I was told it would take 5 days to get my code. This was in the shop. HA!
So they mulled on it and said they“d give me a vanilla fone straight away. Well on Monday.
So, I urge everyone with a vodafone model to do the same. Stuff their capricious branding up their fucking arses and demand a generic model. The more that do it the more it will hurt them and the less likely the“ll be in the future to be so trigger happy with their crap invasive branding.

whoever mentioned an anti voda website is definitely on to something. I, for one will help.

Rant Over......

Too bloody right!

Gwan Eltoroeire the consumer rights crusader!!!

Bunch of greedy fuckwits the lot of em. As I said before, I'd be more than willing to design and host an anti vodafone website if someone helps out with the content. Time to put and end to them thoroughly shafting their customers with bodged phones and bullshit artistry is what I say.

The_Fellowship
29-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Will they give you a replacement generic handset just like that?

Edit: Just called them up and they won't send out a generic replacement. Keep saying all they can do is re-request the NUC (Network Unlock Code). Even though it probably won't even work!

Is it worth getting OFCOM involved?

Unplugged
30-01-2005, 12:29 AM
If you make an official complaint to Vodafone the next step will be a complaint to Ofcom.

Worse Case Scenerio is that they say theres nothign they can do but if enougth of us complain they prob will.

Best case is that a few ofcom complaints will have them breathing down their necks and make them shift a bit quicker. Ive had to contact oftel twice in the past when continual complaints to the entwork have fallen on Deaf ears and usually just a "query" rather than a complaint usually gets the networks moving damn quick.

A few of them ought to get them moving a bit.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact_ofcom/tel_issues/

Technically your supposed to wait 12 weeks in the case of a complaint but I never have in the past :/ expecially for queries as there not technically complaints but they do get forwarded to Networks.

I emailed a formal complaint into Vodafone about 2 weeks ago and got fed the usual email speil so go figure.

Jj03
30-01-2005, 10:58 PM
well, wasn't the fella who claimed to work for vodafone polite...lol...ive forwarded a complaint to voda with his details and copy'd and pasted his little rant...

right...i work for carphone warehouse in bolton, and right next door to me is the vodafone shop...having spoke to the manager there, regarding the voda situation, he's been inundated with returns and complaints regarding their disabling of a superb smartphone...

what i do know is, the 6630 isn't a dct4 phone...havind tried every unlocker known to man...seriously...via pc, or be it a java unlocker on the handset...

i myself have been advising people who ask about smartphones generally, NOT to buy one with vodafone because of the obvious...you can guarentee that o2's version of the 6630 won't have any of these problems... We all know, when you go into a phone shop, 9 out of 10 staff haven't a bloody clue what they are talking about, and seeling you guys a phone without any knowledge at all about that phone is scandalous....i may start a petition myself..against stupid sales staff...lol...see phones4u for details...symbian??? whats that??? i was once told.lol....

daywalker
30-01-2005, 11:23 PM
well, wasn't the fella who claimed to work for vodafone polite...lol...ive forwarded a complaint to voda with his details and copy'd and pasted his little rant...

right...i work for carphone warehouse in bolton, and right next door to me is the vodafone shop...having spoke to the manager there, regarding the voda situation, he's been inundated with returns and complaints regarding their disabling of a superb smartphone...

what i do know is, the 6630 isn't a dct4 phone...havind tried every unlocker known to man...seriously...via pc, or be it a java unlocker on the handset...

i myself have been advising people who ask about smartphones generally, NOT to buy one with vodafone because of the obvious...you can guarentee that o2's version of the 6630 won't have any of these problems... We all know, when you go into a phone shop, 9 out of 10 staff haven't a bloody clue what they are talking about, and seeling you guys a phone without any knowledge at all about that phone is scandalous....i may start a petition myself..against stupid sales staff...lol...see phones4u for details...symbian??? whats that??? i was once told.lol....

:icon14: i couldnt agree more, maybe a few more of us should pass on his comments to vodafone :D

GRIM REAPER
31-01-2005, 12:31 AM
i doubt the guy in question really worked for vodafone. i mean he couldn't even spell correctly :rofl: :stupid: anyway i closed his thread & have given him a verbal warning. i know its a bit harsh but if he continues to create posts like his first one then i can see trouble ahead. :secruity:

The_Fellowship
31-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Copied from a similar post in a different forum...

[start]

Re: Can the Vodafone Nokia 6630 be un-locked?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mate of mine works for vodafone and told me to mail my imei to him and he would see what he could do, this is the reply I got back just now

Dear Mr Fox

I write you with regards to your request for an unlocking code for you Nokia 6630. Our NUC resolutions team based in Birmingham currently makes use of 2 computers for the generation of these unlocking codes, unfortunately, these machines do not generate unlocking codes for the nokia 6630, and the machine that does generate these codes is in transit from Nokia HQ in Finland. Regretfully there has been a long delay in receiving said machine and thus, I will not be able to supply you with an unlocking code for your handset at this moment in time. Please contact us again no sooner than 14 days and request this code through Customer Services at the standard charge of £25, either ring 191 free from your handset or alternatively 08700 700 191 from a UK landline.

Thanking you for your correspondence.

[end]

That would explain the delay...pitty they can't just say that whenever you talk to them lol

GRIM REAPER
01-02-2005, 07:19 AM
i've bought a 6630 off e-bay that is locked to t-mobile. i got on the phone to t-mobile customer services & i explained to them that i was not a customer & that the handset was sold to me without a sim. they've told me that they can unlock it for me for £15 but i had to buy a t-mobile payg sim because they won't unlock it unless i have been a t-mobile customer for @ a minimum of three months. :banghead: :secruity:

Unplugged
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Emailed them and one of the C.Care team rang me today

He said should be within 5 days there goign to chase Nokia up :rolleyes:

Anyway Im still waiting :lol:

The_Fellowship
04-02-2005, 05:16 PM
they have been saying that since December last year!
lol

Let us know when you get the code and if it actually works!

Cheers

Unplugged
05-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Been waiting 24 hourse since 20th December ;)

4 days 12 hours to go ;)

drchris
07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Ive made a complaint through OFCOM regarding the unlock code of 6630 on vodafone uk. They replied saying, the have contacted vodafone and I should be hearing from them soon. They indeed emailed me a few days later:

Dear Chris

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have contacted the appropriate area and they have come back to me, unfortunately at present they do not have the unlock procedure for the Nokia 6630 and are waiting for a data-base update from Nokia, we have been given a timescale of 3-4 weeks. However we are escalating this and hope to have the code sooner, I have put a reminder in my diary and once I have heard from them I will contact you.

In the meantime if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

M****

fannypad
08-02-2005, 11:20 AM
If that's the case then where's all the "24 hours" bollocks coming from?

Right out their swollen purple sphincters I'll bet.

Unplugged
09-02-2005, 01:30 AM
There quoting a standard lead time no dount... I dount Nokia go out of their way to notifiy staff of problems with codes for each individual handset so the C.Services just spew out the stuff on their screen/script.

Quick phonecall to the relevant dept will prob get them the proper answer.

vodaguy
24-02-2005, 10:36 AM
right straight from the horses mouth here,

at present we cannot unlock the 6630 as it requires a new key generator from Nokia

we have been requesting the device from Nokia since the end of November
this has been raised with Nokia Finland

any complaints to vodafone will be heard with due course, any complaints to ofcom will be useless i'm afraid as the blame lies soley on Nokia for not providing the device before the launch of the handset.

As soon as we have the device which can generate the codes we can issue the codes we have waiting within a day

The_Fellowship
24-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks for that info. Just wish the Vodafone customer services ppl could be as helpful when anyone calls them up.

Irishmidz
24-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Check out my thread on this

My tuppance worth i should have put unlock code in the title

vodaguy
24-02-2005, 03:28 PM
appreciate your frustration

the frontline advisors haven't got a clue though i'm afraid even though comunications have been sent out to them saying that we cannot do anything at the moment.

we are as frustrated as you are as it makes us look silly.

please be aware we are doing everything in our power to get this resolved.

unfortunatley i have no timescales but as soon as i do i shall be in touch again

vodaguy
28-02-2005, 12:57 PM
ok ladies and gents the software has been sent to us by Nokia ready for when the device arrives

sorry but this is only the first stage in getting somewhere we still CANNOT issue unlock codes as we are still awaiting the device to be sent to us

but hey at least things are heading in the right direction now

drchris
16-03-2005, 04:53 AM
just thought i'd resurrect this thread again since i've been reading here and there that there have been people that've gotten their unlock code

perhaps an update from vodaguy would be helpful!

Unplugged
17-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Ive had no code yet T-Mobile are issuing apparantly

The_Fellowship
18-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I finally received my unlock code from Vodafone today (via email)...closely followed by another unlock code from Vodafone (a second email 20 mins later)...as you can probably guess...both codes are different lol

Been waiting since Dec 2004...might have known there would be a final twist at the end of this epic saga lol

Biggzy
18-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (NOKIA 6630: Nokia6600/1.0 (3.42.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Yep i got mine to! They txt me to ring them on 191

خبّاز
18-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (NOKIA 6630: Nokia6600/1.0 (3.42.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Yep i got mine to! They txt me to ring them on 191

did u have 2 pay 4 them???

drchris
19-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok, this is weird,
I just had a chat with vodafone uk customer services and they told me they cannot unlock this handset yet. Apparently 6630 comes up on the unlockable phone list! He even told me, I should wait a few months :(
How did you guys ask for the unlocking code?

Unplugged
20-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Got mine as well finally :) Voda sim is now retired in the 6600 :D

drchris
22-03-2005, 07:02 PM
ok today they told me that their code issuing machine is broken and it will be fixed in 2 weeks and i should call them then!!
what is wrong with these people!!! cant they just provide us with the damn code!

vodaguy
30-03-2005, 11:40 AM
hi guys

the code generator is back up and running

anyone who hasnt received their NUC code that has requested it should call 191 and ask the advisor to look on their account logs to see if there has been anything left there. if not ask them to re request it to the NUC dept

DJchris have you had yours yet?

if not call 191 and ask for the NUC email address and email directly and they will deal with the request

anything else i can help with just post and i'll see what i can do

plippy001
30-03-2005, 12:10 PM
hi guys

the code generator is back up and running

anyone who hasnt received their NUC code that has requested it should call 191 and ask the advisor to look on their account logs to see if there has been anything left there. if not ask them to re request it to the NUC dept

DJchris have you had yours yet?

if not call 191 and ask for the NUC email address and email directly and they will deal with the request

anything else i can help with just post and i'll see what i can do

last time i spoke to them, they said it was going to cost me £20, has anyone else paid this, aor is there a way round it, i want the code, but would obviously prefer to keep me dosh!

Unplugged
31-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes..... Wait for a Free Solution to come out in ..... 3-6 months.

We have all have to pay it if Voda were just going to hand out Unlock codes for nothing they wouldent bother locking the phone in the first place.

drchris
01-04-2005, 01:14 AM
finally! got it via email a couple of days ago free of charge! yey!

nimbora
29-12-2006, 08:21 PM
No dude.............It says,'Server is under maintenance (It will be online again soon)'.

lovesign
29-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I recently upgraded to an N73 on Orange so gave my 6680 to my girlfriend. I sent a letter to Vodafone requesting termination of my contract and also requesting the handset to be unlocked. Within a week or so, I received a written reply, asking me to call them to finalise a few details. This all went very smoothly and I was told I would receive an unlock code in a few days. About 5 minutes later, my phone rings and it's a guy from Vodafone saying that he could do the unlock process over the phone with me there and then !

All sorted and my g/f is now a happy bunny :)