View Full Version : can't change volume

ikr6260
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Hello,
cd anyone advise what to do. Sometimes I listen the mp3/midi file through speaker but the sound is loud and isnt changeable. I can move volume slider but without any result, just sound on or off. This can be solved by switching off the mobile :(. The same is for video clips, incoming calls.
tnks

NorthernLight
11-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I have the same problem. MP3/video volume is way too loud and the volume slider is basicly useless. more on/off type change.

Have you or do you know a good S60 MP3 player (works in 6260) that has a working volume control?

ikr6260
13-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Suppose this is the problem of Symbian OS and can't be solved by changing of mp3 player. :frown:

DaViD_BRaNDoN
13-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I think this is a firmware bug. Restarting (power off, then power on) your 6260 and the volume bug is resolved

xceog
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I just noticed this problem and i think i know what resulted it. It's the loudspeaker feature. If you use that feature during a call, then all volume control for the ringtone volume and mp3 real player will be unchangeable (only on/off now) unless you reboot the phone.

kerko
05-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I have the same problem. MP3/video volume is way too loud and the volume slider is basicly useless. more on/off type change.

Have you or do you know a good S60 MP3 player (works in 6260) that has a working volume control?

I have this mp3 player v 050 by the vikings company or something the volume is working fine up and down

freemortal
17-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Hello,
cd anyone advise what to do. Sometimes I listen the mp3/midi file through speaker but the sound is loud and isnt changeable. I can move volume slider but without any result, just sound on or off. This can be solved by switching off the mobile :(. The same is for video clips, incoming calls.
tnks

Dear All,
I know what I am going to say is strange but that’s the fact.

The volume cannot be change by pressing the volume button up/down or by pressing the jockey left/right while playing any song on 6260.

Here is how you have to do...
Call somebody... any body (cust care for instance so that you're not charged.) now as soon as the call connects, activate the loud speaker... decrease/increase volume according to your choice. Cut the call.

Now play your song again to listen to it in the newly adjusted volume.

Do write to me at freemortal@gmail.com whether you were able to succeed or not. Any doubts or queries are welcome.

freemortal
17-11-2005, 05:19 AM
Hello,
tnks

Dear All,
I know what I am going to say is strange but that’s the fact.

The volume cannot be change by pressing the volume button up/down or by pressing the jockey left/right while playing any song on 6260.

Here is how you have to do...
Call somebody... any body (cust care for instance so that you're not charged.) now as soon as the call connects, activate the loud speaker... decrease/increase volume according to your choice. Cut the call.

Now play your song again to listen to it in the newly adjusted volume.

Do write to me at freemortal@gmail.com whether you were able to succeed or not. Any doubts or queries are welcome.

diwa_sen
08-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Dear all,

While you are listening to a music, if you attend any call, and after disconnecting the call, the music player will resume playing the file. But the you cannot reduce or increase the volume. Just on or off. This problem is not depending upon the player or the instrument. It depends upon the firmware. This serious problem is not only in 6260, but also in most of the symbian phones. I am damn sure. To rectify this NOKIA should decide.