View Full Version : Gmail Notifier... and MSN Messenger

PDBratcher
05-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi,

I set up pop 3 to gmail with no real problems, has anyone come across an applet to do gmail notify to the 6260, or regularly do a recieve new mail automatically?

I am also after MSN Messenger application... i found one but it would not install.

Regards

Paul

dansansome
05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
cant help with the gmail thing, but i use agile messenger for msn with no problems.

get it for free at http://www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html

PDBratcher
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
agile manager works like a charm (it upgraded to version 3.0 on first use)..

happyspinach
05-01-2005, 03:51 PM
May I ask who is your GPRS service provider? And how much does it cost?

dansansome
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
uk vodafone, at 2.35 per MB, but i get 30 of data thrown into my contract for the first 6 months. agile messenger uses bugger all really. a decent chat will use around 50k (using the msn part of agile)

PDBratcher
05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
uk vodafone, at 2.35 per MB, but i get 30 of data thrown into my contract for the first 6 months. agile messenger uses bugger all really. a decent chat will use around 50k (using the msn part of agile)

i am with o2, depends on your contract or various bolt-ons.. infact i should call them and get them to assess my tarrif and recommend (sell) me some more... if only they can tell me how to configure 'chat' and 'presence'.

Flatbeats
06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
what are the settings required for GMail.
Id love to retrieve my mail on my phone.

PDBratcher
08-01-2005, 12:50 AM
what are the settings required for GMail.
Id love to retrieve my mail on my phone.

pretty straightforward i just enabled pop on the gmail account and then followed the instructions for other...

here is what they are set to anyway

access point is my gprs service point (o2 mobile web)
my email address = address for 'from' field
outgoing mail server = smtp.gmail.com
send message = immeadiate
save copy = no
signature = no (i am so lazy i just put p.) at the end of everything
username = whatever@gmail.com
password = <your gmail password>
incomming mail server = pop.gmail.com
mailbox type = pop3
security = ssl
apop security = off

thats it...

now if only there was a notifier app... or agile messenger checked it say every 20 mins.... hmmm

Flatbeats
11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks for that, most apreciated. :)

chirisu
12-01-2005, 06:19 AM
pretty straightforward i just enabled pop on the gmail account and then followed the instructions for other...

here is what they are set to anyway

access point is my gprs service point (o2 mobile web)
my email address = address for 'from' field
outgoing mail server = smtp.gmail.com
send message = immeadiate
save copy = no
signature = no (i am so lazy i just put p.) at the end of everything
username = whatever@gmail.com
password = <your gmail password>
incomming mail server = pop.gmail.com
mailbox type = pop3
security = ssl
apop security = off

thats it...

now if only there was a notifier app... or agile messenger checked it say every 20 mins.... hmmm

Hi there P. what u mentioned all the above is for Gmail, wat about others email like hotmail or my company email add? can do ?

fara.amir
12-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi there P. what u mentioned all the above is for Gmail, wat about others email like hotmail or my company email add? can do ?

hotmail i am not sure

but so long your mail server supports POP3 - my personal mail server does - then you can configure it to download into the phone. :icon14: works like your netscape messenger/ microsoft outlook (internet mail only) settings.

but have to be careful with the GPRS charges though.

i received my latest bill :o - decided to refrain from downloading any emails. at least until my mail host supports IMAP4 which allows me to download only the headers of the emails and restrict attachment downloads. (if it is important enough, i'd cough up the cash to pay for the additional download)

chirisu
13-01-2005, 03:17 AM
hotmail i am not sure

but so long your mail server supports POP3 - my personal mail server does - then you can configure it to download into the phone. :icon14: works like your netscape messenger/ microsoft outlook (internet mail only) settings.

but have to be careful with the GPRS charges though.

i received my latest bill :o - decided to refrain from downloading any emails. at least until my mail host supports IMAP4 which allows me to download only the headers of the emails and restrict attachment downloads. (if it is important enough, i'd cough up the cash to pay for the additional download)

hey thanks for the reply.... well me really dumb dumb using this n6260, since i changed my phone from the 'non-color screen' phone to this n6260..... TOO high tech for me.... GPRS charges??? tot dont charge? eeeeee.... i still not yet set the email..

DaViD_BRaNDoN
13-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Hotmail does not support POP3/SMTP. Only HTTP. But Hotmail Malaysia has agreement with Celcom to deliver e-mail via SMS. Charges apply